PDA

View Full Version : Loud Thoughts

MAM090982
02-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Anyone experience loud thoughts? Is this anxiety? OCD? Is it normal? It is hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it but my thoughts seem loud, like my mind, is repeating random things, loudly, and it is scaring me, like my subconscious is loud. Help? :(

Lis Rising
02-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Yeh I get this.. sometimes it's counting repeatedly or something when walking around I feel like I have to read everything, eg number plates. I don't know if this is similar to what you're feeling?

MAM090982
02-08-2016, 12:21 PM
What you get I get too, that is OCD, and that is annoying, mine is more my inner thoughts, when I think, seem loud, very sensitive to noise, with negative thoughts, wanting to scream, etc. Do you get tha?

Lis Rising
02-08-2016, 03:38 PM
I haven't been diagnosed or ever spoke about OCD so I guess I didn't realise that.. Sometimes it seems like my head is very 'full' of thoughts, like I can't overcome what I'm thinking especially if I'm upset and I can only hear the negative voice it's hard to listen to the sensible one telling me it's just my anxiety you know? What you're having sounds normal as a symptom of anxiety I think listening to music could help? It does with me

MAM090982
02-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Thank you. I am going to try some music. Does mediation or yoga help, or does the quiet make it worse? Why does the negativity even come? I am such a positive person, normally.

Lis Rising
02-09-2016, 03:25 PM
I've heard it helps a lot of people but personally the silence just makes it worse.. Talking really helps too, not about the problem but just having someone tell you a story or talking about a memory to get your mind off it. :) I honestly wish I knew, but don't blame yourelf

MAM090982
02-09-2016, 04:08 PM
The silence does make it worse. How long does it last for? Hours, days, weeks? Getting your mind off of it is the best idea. Thank you for understanding, and confirming I am not going crazy.

Lis Rising
02-10-2016, 01:02 PM
No you're not going crazy! there's always people feeling the same as you. With me it's normally hours or a day and then I'll feel good fro a few days and then it comes on again but it's really individual.