PDA

View Full Version : Help with panic attacks please :(

EmetSoph
01-30-2016, 01:19 PM
Hi, havent been on here in months and months haha!
My work place is taking advantage of me at the moment, im doing the same job as people who are being paid more and not getting any recognision for it. Im autistic and cant cope with change so i cant bring myself to leave yet. Its been building up for months. Recently ive been having panic attacks that ive not experienced so intensly before because of the stress.. My finger tips get pins and needles, my heart is racing quicker than it has before in panic attacks and im not sure why my finger tips go numb with pins and needles and its scaring me now.. What can i do?! Any ideas in how i can calm down... Thanks

Kixxi
01-31-2016, 11:40 AM
Hi, havent been on here in months and months haha!
My work place is taking advantage of me at the moment, im doing the same job as people who are being paid more and not getting any recognision for it. Im autistic and cant cope with change so i cant bring myself to leave yet. Its been building up for months. Recently ive been having panic attacks that ive not experienced so intensly before because of the stress.. My finger tips get pins and needles, my heart is racing quicker than it has before in panic attacks and im not sure why my finger tips go numb with pins and needles and its scaring me now.. What can i do?! Any ideas in how i can calm down... Thanks

Pins and needles is extremely common for panic attacks, so do not worry, it is completely normal and it will not hurt you. When your body is under stress, it is normal that your body is going to react with anxiety. Fighting the anxiety will make your anxiety worse, but accepting the feelings and floating through it will make it go away. I'm not saying that acceptance is easy, but it is the only thing that will make the horrible monster :)

When I am extremely anxious, I try some coping techniques, while still accepting that these feelings are there. What works for me is some guided meditation tapes and focussing on my body. Maybe even telling myself what I'm feeling and why. Anxiety only has power over us because we believe something bad will happen. Once you take that away, anxiety will not have any more power over you. It takes some time to stop being afraid of the symptoms, but in the end it is the only thing that works to be anxiety free.