PDA

View Full Version : HELP is this anxiety

ken1989
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi my name is Kenny I had my first panic attack about 5 weeks ago at least that what people told it was iwas really high at the time I was just sitting at my friends house watching TV then all of a sudden I started felling tingle in my right arm then I started to breath faster then it fillet like my chest was on fire I thot I was dying I could not breath it lasted about 3 min because luckily my friend was there to talk me out of it since then I haven’t been sleeping good iv been having strange dreams and I use not dream at all but every night since then I dream and there weird usually and sometimes threw out the day I see stuff in the corner of my eyes not really dots I guess flashes looks like a surge of electricity or something headaches and and when I close my eyes to go to bed Its like theres a strobe light in my eyes I sweet a lot for no reason my hurt races is this anxiety i havent had any more attakes its just i have all this other stuff every day since then i dont know i thot it was a brain tumor but my freinds tell me its anxity im just really scard i dont know whats going on

punkgod94
09-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey Ken, welcome to the boards. I'm assuming you were born in '89 which would make you 18 or 19. If you were older I'd say that it could be a symptom of heart disease, but given your age I HIGHLY doubt that, so don't worry. And you are a LITTLE too old to have "growing pains" but it's possible. I used to get sharp shooting pains in my chest that felt like my heart was being stabbed with a knife, and it'd only get worse if I breathed in deep (or even normal). Id have to take very slow shallow breaths for almost 5 minutes. It wasn't a panic attack on my part, but let's get back to you lol...

If you haven't been sleeping good recently it can make your heart race, cause panic attacks, make you feel like you're dying, make you see spots, etc. Strange dreams (or at least very vivid ones) are a sign of sleep deprivation as well. Do yourself a favor and get a few good nights of sleep - 8 hours. Sweating a lot can be a sleep problem, not necessarily an anxiety problem. Try to find a way to sleep as comfortably as possible and see if you feel better in a few days.