PDA

View Full Version : Tension Headache and muscle spasm

mixtomaster
01-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Hi, I am a new member here!
I am hypochondriac. My anxiety only revolves around the daily symptoms I face. It's been 8 months and I've started to learn and cope up with this. I have seen people's post here about panic attacks. I don't get any panic attacks until and unless I forcefully go into the situation of panicking or any hardcore situation which makes me anxious.
From the past month, I am suffering with back and muscle spasms and muscle twitching in left foot (twitching from past 4 days). The condition was kinda bearable but from the past 5 days, there is a tight sensation in the top of my head which comes and goes during the day but most of the time remains constant. The tension or heaviness also radiates behind my ears. There is no pain but there is some kind of uneasiness. I have searched for it and found that it's called tension headache and anxiety causes it.
Could someone who felt it before elaborate and share your experience?
How lond does it go and how to treat it?

drinae
01-29-2016, 11:39 AM
I've had tension headaches. It's bad but not dangerous. Relaxation exercises might help a bit. You could search on Youtube for stretches for tension headaches, follow that with some kind of a guided relaxation.

A few years ago I also went through a phase where I had muscle twitches a lot every day. I never found any real cause for them, so my best guess is stress. This was at a time when I had health anxiety a lot (I don't have that currently, it's anxiety about other things). But eventually it passed.

gadguy
01-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Hi, I am a new member here!
I am hypochondriac. My anxiety only revolves around the daily symptoms I face. It's been 8 months and I've started to learn and cope up with this. I have seen people's post here about panic attacks. I don't get any panic attacks until and unless I forcefully go into the situation of panicking or any hardcore situation which makes me anxious.
From the past month, I am suffering with back and muscle spasms and muscle twitching in left foot (twitching from past 4 days). The condition was kinda bearable but from the past 5 days, there is a tight sensation in the top of my head which comes and goes during the day but most of the time remains constant. The tension or heaviness also radiates behind my ears. There is no pain but there is some kind of uneasiness. I have searched for it and found that it's called tension headache and anxiety causes it.
Could someone who felt it before elaborate and share your experience?
How lond does it go and how to treat it?

I treat myself to a massage...usually works.