PDA

View Full Version : Bravery

Heather Prichard
01-27-2016, 05:31 PM
I just wanted to say I think that you're all brave.

The last several months have been really hard for me.
I was recently diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, and it's completely changed me as a person.
I won't say my life has been horrible, but i've suffered like everyone else.
I've always felt i've dealt with what has happened in my life the best that I possibly can.
I've always been optimistic and unafraid.
Then one day I woke up and I knew I had lost all control.
I woke up one day terrified of things that just seemed so irrational to me before.
I'm sure you all know the feeling. Like wave after wave of intense fear crashing over you.
You can't breathe. You're horrified to find yourself believing you might have to live this way for the rest of your life.

Anxiety has made it hard for me to do normal, every day things.
I feel tired all the time, my body hurts. I cry constantly.
I worry about death, and reality. (If I'm real, ect.)
Things I used to love, like physics and planetary science now terrify me.

So, for the last few months, I've been really trying to do what I can to gain back control. I eat healthy, (I've been vegetarian now for two months), I work out, I've limited my caffiene intake (Difficult as a Barista!), I practice being mindful, I quit smoking, and I make sure I spend time with family and friends. (Opening up to them has been difficult, but it's really helped to know how much they care.) I've had to completely change my life because it felt like the weight of my fears were going to kill me. Some days are better than others. Occasionally, I can go a whole day without having an anxiety attack. Usually though, it's just this one blissful moment. One calm moment out of a million. I feel like my old self. I feel like I'm just me, and not this shell of a person controlled by anxiety. Those moments mean so much. They are enormous victories, even if they are few and far between. I know I will only continue to get better. I will get this disease under control.
I just wanted to say, keep pushing through. I promise it gets better. Not all at once, and not all the time. But you aren't alone, and it's NOT pointless. Anxiety is horrible, but if you use it to your advantage, you might find it's capable of making you a stronger person. I am more than happy to listen, share, and support any of you. So, let me know if I can help in any way.
Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
Heather

Breez
01-28-2016, 02:07 AM
I just wanted to say I think that you're all brave.

The last several months have been really hard for me.
I was recently diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, and it's completely changed me as a person.
I won't say my life has been horrible, but i've suffered like everyone else.
I've always felt i've dealt with what has happened in my life the best that I possibly can.
I've always been optimistic and unafraid.
Then one day I woke up and I knew I had lost all control.
I woke up one day terrified of things that just seemed so irrational to me before.
I'm sure you all know the feeling. Like wave after wave of intense fear crashing over you.
You can't breathe. You're horrified to find yourself believing you might have to live this way for the rest of your life.

Anxiety has made it hard for me to do normal, every day things.
I feel tired all the time, my body hurts. I cry constantly.
I worry about death, and reality. (If I'm real, ect.)
Things I used to love, like physics and planetary science now terrify me.

So, for the last few months, I've been really trying to do what I can to gain back control. I eat healthy, (I've been vegetarian now for two months), I work out, I've limited my caffiene intake (Difficult as a Barista!), I practice being mindful, I quit smoking, and I make sure I spend time with family and friends. (Opening up to them has been difficult, but it's really helped to know how much they care.) I've had to completely change my life because it felt like the weight of my fears were going to kill me. Some days are better than others. Occasionally, I can go a whole day without having an anxiety attack. Usually though, it's just this one blissful moment. One calm moment out of a million. I feel like my old self. I feel like I'm just me, and not this shell of a person controlled by anxiety. Those moments mean so much. They are enormous victories, even if they are few and far between. I know I will only continue to get better. I will get this disease under control.
I just wanted to say, keep pushing through. I promise it gets better. Not all at once, and not all the time. But you aren't alone, and it's NOT pointless. Anxiety is horrible, but if you use it to your advantage, you might find it's capable of making you a stronger person. I am more than happy to listen, share, and support any of you. So, let me know if I can help in any way.
Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
Heather

Great post Heather! Anxiety hurts deeply and I'm sure everyone here experiences similar symptoms too. But like you said, bravery is what it takes to overcome this together. It's tough at times but it's also rewarding at times too. Keep pushing a little everyday. We'll get there!