PDA

View Full Version : How I start feeling good about myself?

JenXO
01-26-2016, 10:46 AM
So I had anxiety since I was 3-10 years old due to emotional abuse I was terrified to make a mistake that is what brought on my OCD. It did not end there I was abused for over 10 years by another family member. I always blamed myself for things that went wrong and of course got blamed. I have been emotionally abused by family members all of my life as well as dealt with bullying I don't care about being bullied that because I found my voice and stand up to them because I know they're cowards. What I am asking is how do I unlearn the bad things that have been engraved in my head? I internalized it and went very quiet for years and I start telling myself these things. But my inner voice is so self defeating it is keeping me stuck and very fearful. No one will ever know how much I truly hate myself. When I had my psychotic break I heard my inner voice beating up on me it was scary. Thankfully I never heard it again after getting on a mild mood stabilizer and getting CBT. I had my psychotic break 2 years ago but the damage is already the emotional scars and damage to my hippocampus done is still there. The tiny bit of self esteem I had is gone and I had no way to escape because I have no family support other than my mom.

RoderickLariviere
01-29-2016, 05:12 AM
You should be happy about everything is getting better. Your mom is with you and medication and therapy is helping your anxiety.
Try to make some new friends, meet with people, start exercising, go for walks, interact with people, you will feel better.