PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with performance anxiety?

AliasEQ
01-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, how is it going? Hope you're all doing good!

Currently, I'm going through alot of changes in my life that require me to perform. Studies, work, girls etc. I'm really happy that my life is changing for the better. But at the same time, I'm anxious and nervous. I'm always afraid of failing and disappointing people around me. Just this way of thinking, makes me weak and I can't really focus and be the best version of myself.

How do you deal with performance anxiety?

Anne1221
01-24-2016, 09:12 AM
I think you just have to stick with it and remind yourself of what you really are capable of. You will not fail and you won't disappoint people but your anxiety will tell you differently. You're the boss though.

drinae
01-24-2016, 01:54 PM
I know the feeling. But getting positive experiences help, so just going for it despite anxiety does eventually help, even though it seems difficult to do.

If you're talking about actual performances (as in public speaking) instead of just performing in the sense of doing well in whatever, I've also found self-hypnosis videos to be helpful. There are some that promise public speaking confidence. Though it seemed silly at first, I was listening to those a lot when I had a difficult public speaking event ahead of me and I felt really good during that and did well. I don't really know whether it's a placebo effect or what but I don't really care either, as long as it worked.