PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with noise?

fiddlewheel
01-23-2016, 07:31 AM
I live in a very noisy appartment complex, I dont have the cash to move anywhere else, and I live above someone who likes listening to really loud and bassy music whenever he throws a party.

This triggers my anxiety something fierce, and I get really angry, which then affects my ability to sleep at night.
Now, I am just about to finish my bachelor, and I just need to "survive" for about 4-5 months more.

Got any good tips for me?

tirediron
01-23-2016, 08:23 AM
I feel your pain. I have issues with noise myself. Once retired, I discovered just how loud my street is. There is a lot of traffic and a really loud ATV that likes to blast off down the road from time to time. I can be having a great day, hear that racket, and anxiety takes over. If I'm working outside I either go inside or simply leave the house. Where I live, you can make almost as much noise as you want from 6AM until 10PM, so there is little I can do. In your case, I would call my landlord and ask if there are any noise restrictions. Have you spoken to the neighbor? We're moving this Spring to a much smaller home in a quieter area. My plan is to tough it out until we put our home up for sale. You may want to see your doctor and see what he has to say.

gadguy
01-27-2016, 08:04 AM
I live in a very noisy appartment complex, I dont have the cash to move anywhere else, and I live above someone who likes listening to really loud and bassy music whenever he throws a party.

This triggers my anxiety something fierce, and I get really angry, which then affects my ability to sleep at night.
Now, I am just about to finish my bachelor, and I just need to "survive" for about 4-5 months more.

Got any good tips for me?

I live in very rural area, but noise gets under my skin especially at night, crickets, frogs, dogs, screech owls, whippoorwills...I run a box fan at night to drowned out noise, also turn dishwasher on just before I go to sleep. Anywhere you go you will have to deal with some noise...you can make it.