PDA

View Full Version : You can't control the outside chaos.....

PR83
01-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Just a reminder to everyone, something I have to tell myself constantly. My therapist brought this up in one of our sessions and it really hit home with me. My father had a stroke, so now I have this health anxiety. Yet, my father's stroke was labeled an "anomaly" by his primary care physician, which just shows the randomness of life. The fact is we need to learn to live with the unknown, feel comfortable being uncomfortable, and realize that random events do occur but very infrequently. I drive my car to work everyday, and there is always the risk of getting into an accident but I rarely think that I will. However, I constantly think of my risk for stroke. My chances of getting into a car wreck tomorrow are much greater than the stroke. Anyways, I just want to give support to all my fellow anxiety sufferers out there, learn to live with the chaos and embrace it.

MiST
01-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Just a reminder to everyone, something I have to tell myself constantly. My therapist brought this up in one of our sessions and it really hit home with me. My father had a stroke, so now I have this health anxiety. Yet, my father's stroke was labeled an "anomaly" by his primary care physician, which just shows the randomness of life. The fact is we need to learn to live with the unknown, feel comfortable being uncomfortable, and realize that random events do occur but very infrequently. I drive my car to work everyday, and there is always the risk of getting into an accident but I rarely think that I will. However, I constantly think of my risk for stroke. My chances of getting into a car wreck tomorrow are much greater than the stroke. Anyways, I just want to give support to all my fellow anxiety sufferers out there, learn to live with the chaos and embrace it.

Right on! Thanks for your input..;)

Robert Tressell
01-22-2016, 11:19 AM

Yep....Chaos is a law of nature, order is man's dream....something like that! Or, Shit happens, to coin a phrase.

cloudy black
01-22-2016, 12:10 PM
yeah we all want life to be roses n chocolates, but it aint. i am trying to get relaxation into my life and this is very important for me as i lost the ability some years ago to relax. well to take time out to relax that is, never one for being able to relax.. so this year my focus will be on relaxation which will also i hope slow down the rapid thinking and part of my overall strategy in claiming back my mh recovery. the doc is part of that and i am seeing a counselor and also i have been extremely fortunate to be offered support by an ex support worker. which is so well timed its untrue. as i took a nose dive just before Christmas and just cant seem to climb out of it.