PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Mate Janice

Michelle O'Brien
01-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi Everyone, I have just stumbled across this forum online while looking for some relaxation tips for anxiety.

I have GAD (general anxiety disorder), which I've named Janice, we are going thru a rough few weeks at the moment, normally I can keep her under control but at the moment she is trying to take over. I read a book recently that suggested giving her a name as she is part of my life and my everyday so why not make "her" a real part of my life.
Accepting that I have GAD and naming her has actually helped me not be so afraid of her. I am slowly learning what I need to do to keep her happy and what to avoid to make her unhappy!

She is a big fan of walks on the beach to clear the head but not a massive fan of takeaways or coke. It is a learning curve but hopefully I can pick up some tips along the way here.

I am Michelle, I live in Ireland, I work full time and have a son of 8 and a partner at home plus two Golden Labradors.

Look forward to reading the forums and hopefully getting some more knowledge on GAD.

Dahila
01-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi Michelle what a neat idea to personalize the anxiety, I think you can get rid of that. Welcome to the forum;)

jessed03
01-20-2016, 02:42 AM
Hey Michele,

Top o' the morning to you ;)

Welcome to the forum. About a year ago another girl on here decided to name her anxiety. She called it moo-moo. After a cartoon character, I think? Maybe it's a good omen as she's doing really well now - in college and enjoying a stable relationship.

If you're serious about learn more about anxiety, I have loads of resources I could upload, or Amazon book recommendations I could share. The more you know about this condition, the less you fear it, for sure!

Dahila
01-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Jesse what Amazon books you can upload? oooooooooooo

jessed03
01-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Jesse what Amazon books you can upload? oooooooooooo

50 Shades of Gray? ;)

Dahila
01-20-2016, 08:51 PM
50 Shades of Gray? ;)
Fifty shades of Gray is my soap with activated charcoal:))) I am not kidding