PDA

View Full Version : So Now My New Fast Food Job wantz me to stay overtime to MOP ....

1Bluerose68
01-16-2016, 05:23 PM
On a busy Friday night, when all the locals come in to the little restaurant from the rain, mostly all teens b right before closing time. Then , of course, they are waiting there in the rain , inside of the restaurant. This is all in spite of the fact that closing time was 10 PM, and the 1s still inside are there waiting for there buses, or chaperones to pick them up. So, anyhow, I am the maid there. My role is to keep the dining commons clean and food always filled in the salt and pepper areas. So my bilingual speaking-mostly spanglish speaking manager asks me earlier if i will be gone by 11PM. Of course I say yes. Then , of course, i cannot mop floors during the last hour im there because we have a bunch of squirmy and squirly teens who have overtaken the dining commons and did not leave until about 10.58 PM ish or so. Then , I cleared their tables, swept the commons, and went to check out at 11PM. Actually it was round 11:12 PM. So then I cant check out and i needed to ask manager for help just to check out. Then I get a lecture with a strong spanish accent which is very difficult at times to even understand. I told her I did not have time to guard the front door, and mop the floor in that area until all the teens were gone. The tables still had to be cleared 1st anyhow. They are now down 1 yellow safety triangle for warning of wet floors and someone even stole a kitchen garbage from under the condiment area garbage. its difficult to balance my priorities as a dining room hostess. As soon as i get there they want the huge garbage cans from this area thrown out and that is so gross that I don't see why someone from the end of the last shift cant do that??? So then after this task is completed, I feel all stinky and contaminated w/ trash . Then I must begin sweeping out RR's and then filling the napkins and salt , pepper, etc items at the bar area where customers serve themselves to what they need after Paying for their food.....So then when I try and do all this in an Orderly and Timely fashion i get harped on from this spanglish speaking asst manager who doesnt do anything else except the drive through and boss me around. She holds a key for the toilet paper and when customer came to her while I was doing the tasks asked to do she comes at me w/ this attitude, when its like---well you have the key tpo place the toilet paper, and I just started my shift, so what am i supposed to do. This New fast Food job is very frustrating because there are all these hispanics in charge that dont speak English very clearly and seem to be Really good at giving Double messages. I am made to feel extra subservient and disrespected. I am a substitute teacher who only earns $150.00 per day. Had they Finally awarded a few subs, at the least, a higher pay rate for all our years of service plus the fact that some of us hold higher degrees than the required BS degree. So, ideally , if I made more on my day job as a teacher, I would never have applied to a Fast Food Restaurant. Especially to be disrespected, demeaned, and overworked. Im a middle aged female and its kind of hard to double bag trash from a huge dining room trash box, all by myself. Also, I'm a neat freak, but I aint gonna mop w/o the Yellow Warning Triangles for me to place 1st before mopping. This is a Safety 1st Routine and Not having more than 1 triangle at a time to mop with makes it difficult to spot mop more than 1 area per 30 minute period as the floor takes a while to dry. So I would not have been able to mop that entire dining area w/o enuf yellow warning triangles anyhow with all those very lively teens running around in the dining commons. I am not going to ruin their lives by bringing out the mop when they are celebrating after a sports event and only to trip n fall at the place where i work because of a stupid deadline for mopping the dining room, plus guard the door so No More enter as each of them exit. does ANYONE hear my MISERY?????????????????????????????Please hire another nice whit e, single, middle aged, chick like myself so we may work as a team at night. AMEN.....