PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get panic attacks from smoking pot?

JenXO
01-10-2016, 09:02 AM
I do as well as extremely paranoid that is why I quit 5 years ago. I would feel my chest tighten and I just think I having a heart attack and that I am going to die. Now I just stick to my occasional drinking.

BertyG
01-10-2016, 10:09 AM
I do as well as extremely paranoid that is why I quit 5 years ago. I would feel my chest tighten and I just think I having a heart attack and that I am going to die. Now I just stick to my occasional drinking.

Yes I think any kind of mind-altering drug is terrible for anxiety. I took a large dose of some THC substance and for the next few hours my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was certain that I was losing my mind. I don't go near any kind of drug now

JenXO
01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Yes I think any kind of mind-altering drug is terrible for anxiety. I took a large dose of some THC substance and for the next few hours my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was certain that I was losing my mind. I don't go near any kind of drug now

Wow that's scary yeah it is the worst for anxiety some people say it calms them down not me!

MiST
01-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Not really smoking, although it should have seeing as I've had cancer twice (non smoking related)

For me it was the alcohol that did me in, three bouts of pancreatitis and almost dying

Now I don't drink or smoke and I've never felt worse..PMSL

JenXO
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Withdrawals you mean? I barely drink and I quit smoking 2 years ago

sgil
01-10-2016, 06:53 PM
last time I smoked pot it seemed I could feel every ventricle of my heart. My girlfriend at the time had to take my phone away she was so scared that I would call 911

MiST
01-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Withdrawals you mean? I barely drink and I quit smoking 2 years ago

Nah, I'm over the withdrawal, the constant anxiety and panic is what's doing me in now..

Ain't life fun..lol

The Intolerable Kid
01-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Nope. Quite the opposite. Everyone responds to substances differently, though.

JenXO
01-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Nope. Quite the opposite. Everyone responds to substances differently, though.

That's due to the fact that everyone's body chemistry is different.

JenXO
01-23-2016, 10:27 AM
last time I smoked pot it seemed I could feel every ventricle of my heart. My girlfriend at the time had to take my phone away she was so scared that I would call 911

Wow it sounds like that was laced with something else like cocaine jk lol