PDA

View Full Version : How do I control my obessive thoughts/behaviours without medication?

JenXO
01-09-2016, 06:40 PM
I have obsessive thoughts and I try to cancel them but it is not that easy. I do rituals and constantly check things and wash my hands a billion times. I cannot stand germs at all. I wish I did not have such an obsessive personality but I have been like this for as long as I can remember. I have an excellent long term memory and I cannot forgive very easily I hold grudges for an extremely long time. I tried getting medicated for my OCD but doctor refused me and said I am not OCD and anti anxiety medication is at high risk for abuse I am a not a drug addict. I know more about myself than my doctor does. I am not nearly as obsessive as I used to be since getting mood stabilizers I think it has helped a little bit. I am 700 mg currently not going any higher.

Dahila
01-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Jen I see you managed to post it:))
Life is difficult with obsessive thoughts, I have a lot of difficulties with germs too. Meditation is a tool you should try, it will lower your sensitivity to "germs" a bit , help you to manage it better. You should try to use some herbal teas and maybe supplements, however I do believe in herbs but not supplements, We have excellent threads in forum, go through general discussion or maybe http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?26839-HEALTH-ANXIETY-EXPOSED-Living-With-Risk
I like that thread, there is a lot of good info

JenXO
01-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks and yes I did!! And I will check out the link. Medication is not the answer for everything.

jessed03
01-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Meditation helps me a lot.

It puts a little distance between you and your thoughts/desires. That extra space gives you time to process what's going on and, hopefully, make better decisions!

Ponder
01-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Guided Meditation combined with and soft gentle ambient music works wonders for me. Unlike the garbage they play down at the local gym. Have a fanplastic day all. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bathtime.gif