PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Carla
09-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello!
I have just joined the forum.My name is Carla and I live in the UK. I became really ill with anxiety in April of this year. There were no reasons for it, I literally had a panic attack one evening for no reason and then it all went dowhill from there. After 4 months of constantly being sick and nauseous every single day due to anxiety, plus weight loss due to not being able to eat and all the rest, I am finally getting better but not free totally of it yet. I dont take medication but feel I should but I am scared of taking it due to the side effects. I really didnt want to admit that I was ill with anxiety and looked for every other illness that could possibly explain how I felt. I never knew that anxiety could make anyone feel so ill. I thought it was just something people felt before exams or something stressful. I didnt realise it could become a full blown illness.
I look forward to getting to know you and also hope that I may be able to contribute towards the forum by helping others if I am able to.[/b]

Lulu
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Carla

The first time suffering anxiety is absolutely terrifying. I'm 33 now and the first time I experienced this I was 18, and now ti's off and on. I've had stages like yourself where i've lost so much weight from not eating because I just felt sick all the time, it really can be crippling. I can tell you that the best thing is to accept it as anxiety and try your hardest not to be afraid of it.

I'm reading an excellent book called Essential Help for Your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes and it's a godsend. Try it, it won't cure you overnight but it makes you realise how common this is and has some brilliant advice.

Lulu

Carla
09-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello Lulu
Thanks for your message. It was really nice of you to respond. I gave ordered the book that you mentioned by Claire Weekes & looking forward to reading it when it arrives. Thanks for recommending it! Does your anxiety go away and then come back again? How often does it do that?