PDA

View Full Version : Getting obsessive thoughts/Overthinking

Anonymous777
01-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Every now and then my mom says something, either a joke or comment, that makes mad, or irritated sometimes uncomfortable. For example, today I was sitting in the car with my mom while we were waiting at the drive thru. It was raining at the moment however I felt really hot and i said "why do i feel so hot" and i wanted to take my jacket off. Then my mom said maybe your excited. I said, "what do you mean by excited" like how can you get hot from being excited. Then she said stop asking me stupid questions your always thinking of things in the wrong way. Then she got out of the car in the middle of the drive thru and takes off her coat and comes back in and i said "oh maybe your getting excited then" and she said the same thing.

I hope you understand what i wrote i didn't really take my time just needed to get this off my mind. I just don't see what's wrong with me asking her a question and for some reason her comment/joke made me uncomfortable.

Would you feel this way.?

Anonymous777
01-06-2016, 03:02 AM
Every now and then my mom says something, either a joke or comment, that makes mad, or irritated sometimes uncomfortable. For example, today I was sitting in the car with my mom while we were waiting at the drive thru. It was raining at the moment however I felt really hot and i said "why do i feel so hot" and i wanted to take my jacket off. Then my mom said maybe your excited. I said, "what do you mean by excited" like how can you get hot from being excited. Then she said stop asking me stupid questions your always thinking of things in the wrong way. Then she got out of the car in the middle of the drive thru and takes off her coat and comes back in and i said "oh maybe your getting excited then" and she said the same thing.

I hope you understand what i wrote i didn't really take my time just needed to get this off my mind. I just don't see what's wrong with me asking her a question and for some reason her comment/joke made me uncomfortable.

Can someone Please reply?

Kixxi
01-06-2016, 05:58 AM

Hi Anonymous,

I totally understand. I have similar problems and am always overthinking things. My therapist told me that the more you are trying to fight these thoughts, the more they reoccur, because your brain wants to deal with them. If that makes any sense?