PDA

View Full Version : Last hope :( - Venlafaxine 225mg

Dan Board
01-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm really just hoping to be convinced that I will eventually find an anti-anxiety med that will help me.
It's been about 10 years since I started on anxiety medications, and I've been thru quite a few: Propranolol (bb), Citalopram, Zoloft, Parotexine and now Venlafaxine.

There's probably more, but I can't remember them :(

My symptoms are really bad social anxiety, and also (its probably an odd symptom), my face trembles when I smile - I literally can't smile in social situations - this probably contributes to the anxiety.

I really don't know what more I can try now, it's just getting me down as I want to be who I really am, and who I used to be.

Hope you guys can help me,

Dan

Anne1221
01-05-2016, 06:23 PM
I've tried them almost all myself. I finally like Lexapro. I am sensitive to side effects. Keep trying, you WILL find the right one I am sure.
If you don't get relief, see a psychiatrist as you may need a small dose of a benzodiazepine to calm you down.

Dan Board
05-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I've tried them almost all myself. I finally like Lexapro. I am sensitive to side effects. Keep trying, you WILL find the right one I am sure.
If you don't get relief, see a psychiatrist as you may need a small dose of a benzodiazepine to calm you down.

Thanks for the reply. Still no better. On 300mg effexor now. Still getting social anxiety and face trembling. They may as well be sugar pills :( not sure where to go from here...

Dahila
05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I tried so many of them, like you and obviously I can not tolerate SSRI's I am on gabapentin and clonazepam (small dose, tiny actually) and the combination of them help a lot:)