PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Obelysk
09-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Ok, so I have had a ton of symptoms that I am sure are part of my anxiety that I developed about 2 months ago. However, I have been having this sort of stiff neck feeling lately. I feel it for days, its usually like a tendon on the right side of the back of my neck. I actually had that exact same sort of stiff neck feeling for like a week 2 weeks before my panic attacks started. My right ear feels slightly itchy at times and I can kind of feel a vein on the right side of my brain. Is this normal? I am not really worried but it annoys me.

Bungle
09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Hiya
I can't say I've experienced that symptom, but I do notice that when my anxiety is worse I get tight shoulders and increased indigestion. My counsellor says that it's because I'm tense (in the fight or flight way). Do you feel the same when you're relaxed?

Guardian2008
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I have the same symptoms. Neck very stiff, sometimes I feel as if I can’t turn my head. I also feel it continue into my head. Best way to describe it, is if you flex your neck muscles very tightly where you feel it in the spinal cord. That’s the feeling that I have. Feels like inside of my neck is made of iron.

square
09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
I get that stiff neck headache.

I try to relax my shoulders as much as possible. If no one is looking, I just let my arms hang loose.

Iron Neck, yeah, all knotted up. When I get a massage, the person is freaked at how bunched-up the neck is.