PDA

View Full Version : blood sugar readings

Andyw88
12-26-2015, 04:35 PM
hi all ive been paranoid about having diabetes so i bought a blood sugar testing kit, my blood sugar levels are all between 4.5 and 7.1 (i got 8.1) directly after eating a large chocolate bar but that went down to 5.7 withing an hour or so, dont really know if these are good or bad, i expected some readings to be he bigh as i eat quite alot of chocolate most days, if anyone could shed any light on the readings that would be great,thanks in advance

Nowuccas
12-26-2015, 08:34 PM
The ideal range for blood sugar (glucose) levels is between 4 to 8, with occasional higher spikes in those readings following meals containing significant amounts of simple carbohydrates, so you seem not to be suffering from diabetes.

jessed03
12-26-2015, 08:57 PM
You're fine. You sit bang in the target zone.

I was similar, expected my numbers to be through the roof, but they too were normal.

Andyw88
12-27-2015, 01:37 PM
thanks for the replies, thats just what i was hoping for,done a few tests today and have all been under 6.1, im shocked theyre normal with the amount of sugary foods i eat, thanks for the reasurance :)

Dahila
12-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Higher glucose will cause terrible thirst and it is one of the symptoms, :) Does not count if you eat spicy food:))