PDA

View Full Version : Losing Hope

JanelleLynne
12-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Last night I went into my room and began crying. I am worried that I won't get better. I've only had my initial therapy appointment and my second one tonight. Thinking I may do therapy twice a week for a little while? I have been on my meds for about 2 weeks now. They seemed to work better last year when I was on them.

Anne1221
12-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Give it more time to work. It takes 4 weeks for your medication to kick in and 6-8 weeks to reach full effect. If you don't feel better, tell your therapist.

JanelleLynne
12-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Give it more time to work. It takes 4 weeks for your medication to kick in and 6-8 weeks to reach full effect. If you don't feel better, tell your therapist.

Thanks Anne. Funny thing is, I know that it typically takes that long. Think I just waited too long to actually get on medication/get therapy. It has been helping a little bit so I can imagine when it hits full effects, I will feel much better!

MainerMikeBrown
12-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Jannelle Lynne, it's important to get better as quickly as possible, but at the same time, it can take time for meds and therapy to work.

So don't lose hope, as patience is a virtue.

RoderickLariviere
02-01-2016, 10:56 PM
I hope therapy and medication together work great for your anxiety symptoms. So don't lose hope be patient to lets meds work for you.

MP270996
02-13-2016, 07:03 AM
Hi, I am a new here so I dont know much about your state except what you have writtten here, but wait for a week or so and if you dont feel good tell that to your doctor. Everybody knows that antidepressants need some time, but if you dont get ANY better in 20 days, it is time for a change. Hopefully, you will get better though. Wish you all the best :)

tmex
04-17-2016, 02:46 AM
time heals all wound

MainerMikeBrown
04-17-2016, 07:39 AM
Actually, tmex, time doesn't completely heal all wounds. But time does help.