PDA

View Full Version : Natural remedies...

cloudy black
12-16-2015, 03:56 AM
Aromatherapy. it’s a funny thing smell. When I am stressed and I walk into a room that has a aromatic smell (not these ghastly room sprays) I immediately notice my solar plexus relaxing, the constant churning in my solar plexus (anxiety) just leaves.

When I get over anxious I actually get what I call stress sweats. High cortisone levels I imagine, think its called adrenal exhaustion. So yes it is stinky and highly unpleasant 

so yes pure essential oil do ease anxiety symptoms something like lemon balm is good and i find rose very nice and rosewood to name a few. have a look on aromatherapy sites for guidance for the smell o vision!! on how to use.

DONT ever put pure essential oil onto your skin there are just 2 that you can do that with. but i would encourage you to have a look on a aromatherapy site

for me i burn essential oils in a little burner these also are on the site i would imagine. remember never leave them unattended if you do use an oil burner.

in the new year i reckon i am going to treat myself to an aromatherapy massage. but its finding a good one!!

Ponder
12-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Great Subject Cloudy. I've struggled these later years with sinus issues. I have to admit since eating only whole foods and eliminating junk and process foods; my ability to smell has improved a lot. I think once the dust settles after the Xmas period, I will for sure look into Aromatherapy. Perhaps an electronic dispenser. You post inspired me to pull out a few sections of a book I got off kindle a whiles back.

I did a couple of short videos on topics that relate to this forums agenda with regard to how Aromatherapy can help. I did not give it as much thought until I saw your post. PM me if your interested in the book - I can assist you in sourcing it out. ;)

Aromatherapy Anxiety and Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai_Uzc3vW2I

Aromatherapy Depression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BebqagThAY

Aromatherapy Insomnia Fatigue and Memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbuiF5tkpBE

Aromatherapy Stress & Nervousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unTM0YgxaB0

jessed03
12-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Anybody have a favorite scent?

Ponder
12-17-2015, 11:55 AM
........Lavender.

DizzyPixie
01-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Even smelling the lavender flowers calms me down a bit.
I also like herbal teas, like chamomile and linden. I make the tea extra strong, and it helps. It's not only the calming properties of it, it's also the process of making it and then sitting and drinking the warm tea, slowly. It slows you down.

MiST
01-22-2017, 01:49 AM
I now dislike the aroma of lavender, because I used to use lavender essential oils when my breakdown was at it's worse. I'm now doing much better but the smell of it now reminds me of when I wasn't doing so good..

Oh the irony :P

salvator here
01-22-2017, 06:48 AM
I can without question understand scents being a trigger rather than a benefit. Some cologne scents trigger me badly for very personal reasons. I know that didn't have much to do with natural remedies but just to say I get it.

For me I guess it would be Vanilla.

salvator here
01-22-2017, 06:55 AM
Even smelling the lavender flowers calms me down a bit.
I also like herbal teas, like chamomile and linden. I make the tea extra strong, and it helps. It's not only the calming properties of it, it's also the process of making it and then sitting and drinking the warm tea, slowly. It slows you down.I also love tea for so many reasons :)

MiST
01-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Camomile tea is great, it smells gash though! :D

DWB
01-23-2017, 04:37 AM
Never really thought too much about scents helping anxiety, but I will say that one scent in particular really gets to me in a good way. Patchouli Oil. Omg the smell of that stuff gives me the most blissful feeling, not sure why. It's erotic to my nose.

MiST
01-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Never really thought too much about scents helping anxiety, but I will say that one scent in particular really gets to me in a good way. Patchouli Oil. Omg the smell of that stuff gives me the most blissful feeling, not sure why. It's erotic to my nose.

Never heard of it

Kirk
01-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Maybe an attractive womens scent; just kidding.

MiST
01-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Maybe an attractive womens scent; just kidding.

Depends on the scent lol

salvator here
01-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank you both for helping me out with my new weight loss program, just that thought of any scent from a woman and I wasn't even able to keep breakfast down this morning (kidding, or am I?!)

Just a lame attempt at a little humor there :D :D

MiST
01-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank you both for helping me out with my new weight loss program, just that thought of any scent from a woman and I wasn't even able to keep breakfast down this morning (kidding, or am I?!)

Just a lame attempt at a little humor there :D :D

Nothing wrong with some humour, this place could sure use some! :D

DWB
01-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Never heard of it
Wow dude, you never heard of Patchouli? Next time you are in a Dept Store that sells fine perfume, ask if they have any. You may hate the smell, but omg I love it to the moon and back.

MiST
01-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Wow dude, you never heard of Patchouli? Next time you are in a Dept Store that sells fine perfume, ask if they have any. You may hate the smell, but omg I love it to the moon and back.

I sniff my cat lol

ataylor2889
12-15-2017, 12:40 PM
I use Lavender all the time!

AngelaEvers
06-29-2018, 01:47 AM
Lavenders are favorites!!

Dahila
06-29-2018, 05:32 AM
My bestseller soap is Patchouli and Lavender, Patchouli is typical Hippy scent, I am not sure I like it ,but people seem to seek products scented with patchouli ;)

Imperfect
07-17-2018, 01:52 AM
Yes - It helps to detox the body on occasion to get the most benefit from natural remedies.

salvator here
09-29-2019, 05:56 PM
I sort of gave up because everything I tried just didn't work. I do find chamomile tea very soothing though.

salvator here
10-04-2019, 10:37 PM
The only one that I use currently is Melatonin for those times when I don't get enough natural sunlight.

Dahila
10-06-2019, 03:03 PM
I use Melissa aka Lemon balm , it helps me with sleep. I grow it in my garden it is perennial plant and has wonderful lemony scent,

salvator here
10-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check Lemon Balm when I get to GNC at the mall hopefully this week If I can.

Dahila
10-21-2019, 10:08 AM
I have so much melisa wasted in my garden it is a huge shrub like and comes back every year

salvator here
01-07-2021, 07:50 AM
Hi. Do you feel weak the next day? I wanted to try this before but a friend of mine told me it makes her feel shaky the following day.

Hello, Mindalex and welcome to anxietyforum :)

I decided to move your quote asking @Kirk a question from another thread over to this thread to give Mr. Ponder some breathing room - and to comment myself. I look forward to hearing more from Kirk with his experience with Melatonin; as well.

Honestly, Melatonin at a dosage of 3MG used to do wonders for me during the 90's, but after a while I guess my body got used to and it just stopped working (just like other meds tend do after a while overtime for some). I wouldn't say it makes you feel shaky, I'm not sure where you heard that, but it does tend (especially as higher dosages) cause nightmares. That being said.. since its pretty cheap nowadays, you *could* certainly give it a shot and see for yourself.

Of course - I must say - you should consult with your doctor about starting and new supplements, so as to prevent any interactions with any other meds your currently using.

Another way to get more Melatonin naturally is to get more sun if possible.

Take care :)

Mindalex
01-11-2021, 01:07 AM
Another way to get more Melatonin naturally is to get more sun if possible.

Thanks so much for your response. I'll give it a try. Also, now that you mentioned it. I may have trouble sleeping because I don't get enough sunlight. Most often, none at all.

Also with regards to aromatherapy, I like lavender, lemon, and peppermint. Others are too strong for me.

salvator here
01-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Thanks so much for your response. I'll give it a try. Also, now that you mentioned it. I may have trouble sleeping because I don't get enough sunlight. Most often, none at all.

Also with regards to aromatherapy, I like lavender, lemon, and peppermint. Others are too strong for me.You're welcome :) Same here; I don't get enough sunlight either. I'm learning to open the curtains during the day and let natural light in helps, and try to get outside when there's sunlight. I found this article today and I think it explains well the correlation between sunlight and Melatonin. https://mammothcomfort.com/melatonin-vs-serotonin-science-behind-good-nights-sleep/

salvator here
02-01-2021, 08:47 AM
I've been using the Lavender one and it blends into my essence well into a unique scent that I do find soothing. However, the tea tree one is terrible so I tossed it in the rubbish and picked up 2 more of the lavender and almond oil one.

https://www.dollartree.com/aroma-guru-scented-aromatherapy-droppers-027-floz-bottles/294260

Just $1.00 ;)

IAmCamille
04-27-2021, 04:53 PM
Hey, has anyone tried turmeric tea? It's good for inflammations.

salvator here
04-29-2021, 09:32 AM
Hey, has anyone tried turmeric tea? It's good for inflammations.Yes, actually, I have and still have it in the cabinet somewhere. Regrettably, I didn't find it helpful, but certainly worth a shot - I recommend adding natural agave rather than milk :)

Enthydr
05-04-2021, 04:27 AM
You should not drink it too often though as it's a blood thinner esp if you're on anticoagulants.

salvator here
05-04-2021, 11:38 AM
You should not drink it too often though as it's a blood thinner esp if you're on anticoagulants.Thank u, I didn't know that actually, I am on a blood thinner. It doesn't taste good with milk and sugar (not to my liking anyway). I find when drinking tea, its the experience that counts. I also enjoy coffee at times; as well. Right now, I've been experimenting with Coriander Tea - the brand I've been using is from Sri Lanka. I find honey with 1/2 packet of aspartame (bad Sal ... hehe) is refreshing. Please use caution with phenylalanine .. as it can increase anxiety in some people.

Mindalex
05-07-2021, 05:32 AM
I find when drinking tea, its the experience that counts. I also enjoy coffee at times; as well. Please use caution with phenylalanine .. as it can increase anxiety in some people.

I agree. It's the experience that counts. I drink coffee in the morning before I do my daily tasks and it's been my ritual ever since.

salvator here
06-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Yes, I quite enjoy tea :)

IAmCamille
08-03-2021, 07:54 PM
I need a miracle cure for this hay fever! :D

Apparently, there's none. All we can do is relieve the symptoms and stay out of pollens.

Enthydr
08-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Yup, don't go near pollens definitely! Or wear a mask I think then immediately take a bath when you get home.

Mindalex
08-12-2021, 11:45 PM
How I wish, there's a miracle cure but I agree, there's no other way to get rid or avoid it but to not come near pollens.

Dahila
09-26-2021, 02:05 PM
I am allergic to a lot of things, pollen is one of them, I am on MMS and DMSO and it seems to help a lot, few weeks ago I was hugging and petting my daughter cats, without any attacks and hives, I take also NAC it all seems to help , It was such a pleasure to hug the cute cuts, first time after probably 20 years. I do not have to add that I love animals all of them

Memaw52
11-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Oh how I love this thread <3 I love the smell of coffee. Since I don't want to have coffee on my diet, I usually purchase coffee based oil. I also love the smell of menthol, sweet orange, and lemon. They helps me sleep. Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

salvator here
11-11-2021, 08:36 AM
I do too ... I had a cinnamon roll coffee today.