PDA

View Full Version : Is this Anxiety? Someone recognize something?

lianne35
12-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Hello, I am from Holland, so my English is not so well. Sorry for that.
According to the dr.s I have anxiety. I have it now for 2 years. And it is a living hell. I am not able to work, I have anxiety 24/7. In the evening it seems less. In the morning it is so worse...:(

my symptoms:
Muscle pain all over my body
spinning thoughts
pressure in head and neck
difficulty breathing
unable to sleep for a few hours
nightmares
Thinking that everybody is watching you
feeling like an old woman
Weird muscle pain
heartpalpitations

Are there people who recognize the symptoms? And who are unable to have a job? In the beginning I was bedbound for over a year.

Please Response,

Lianne

Toffeq
12-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Yeah, i feel pressure in back of head sometimes, nightmares and waking up in middle of night are common too.

tirediron
12-15-2015, 12:52 PM
I sleep pretty well, but once I wake up, I begin thinking of things I need to do. After that, all I do is toss and turn. I do have heart palpitations occasionally, and I find it hard to concentrate. My doctor thaought I had a "mild" case and prescribed some meds that I took for about 4 weeks. I may need to start again, because we have a lot going on in the near future.

cloudy black
12-15-2015, 01:58 PM
hello lianne35 i have had anxiety for most of my life and i have not been able to hold down a job because of it. i also have depression. mostly i have one or the other. last week i had both anxiety and depression together.

for me i experience anxiety as having racing thoughts an inability to be still however tired i am. more recently i have had a long episode of feeling irritated by people. which spirals into despair because i cant for the life of me understand why i feel like this and i don't want to be this person, it has gotten so bad that i felt i was sneering at people. if i was in work i would have had many nervous breakdowns of that i am sure. i have never been bed bound. but i have been in the depths of hell and it is hard to be normal and reasonable when i have been like this. i wouldn't wish this on my own worst enemy.

i have had lower back,sciatic and plantar faciitus problems (feet problems) that are all down to extreme anxiety over many years. gosh isn't anxiety terrible. i have had counseling over the years and tried all kinds of new age things. in fact i think i have exhausted the list!!!

and now i am left with myself! i had to clear my head of all the confusion that resulted by trying so many different things in the past as i saw it, to help me in my quest to get rid of anxiety and depression and now i realise that i have to manage and adapt the anxiety and depression there is no magic wand or clever thinking for me that will banish the anxiety and depression