PDA

View Full Version : Have you been in love with your therapist ?

Naor
12-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Recently i have been feeling in love with my therapist (she is a female) , is this normal?
shall i tell her about?

cloudy black
12-05-2015, 04:33 AM
hello Naor nah! too cynical! but what you are experiencing is transference. i just quickly found this and thought it might be of use to you. http://psychcentral.com/lib/in-love-with-your-therapist-heres-what-to-do/

MiST
12-05-2015, 05:14 AM
https://wisdomovertime.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/therapist-cat.jpg

I think my understanding of "therapy cats" is slightly askew! :D

Anne1221
12-05-2015, 11:46 AM
This is not good. Yes, you need to tell her. It will get you more mixed up, confused and unhappy than you already are. One time I asked my very handsome therapist if women ever "come on" to him. He said, "All the time. But what I do is help them to find the right person for themselves." I think many people feel attracted to a therapist of the opposite sex. But, they would be totally unprofessional if they ever acted on it.

Naor
12-06-2015, 06:30 AM
I think that i will tell her about . In hope she won't throw me out through the door (as i had on the pervious times )

Anne1221
12-06-2015, 09:46 AM
If she's professional, she won't throw you anywhere. She'll talk it through with you and help you find someone that is the right person for you. It is highly unethical for any therapist to have a personal relationship with a patient. You need her to help you sort things out in your life and help you with your anxiety. You don't need to have a personal relationship with her. Hopefully, it will work out.

jessed03
12-07-2015, 08:01 PM
If she's professional, she won't throw you anywhere. She'll talk it through with you and help you find someone that is the right person for you. It is highly unethical for any therapist to have a personal relationship with a patient. You need her to help you sort things out in your life and help you with your anxiety. You don't need to have a personal relationship with her. Hopefully, it will work out.

I agree.

A good therapist won't make any rash judgement. They'll help you discover how you can get the absolute best treatment possible. Do tell her about these feelings. If she's good, she'll know how to proceed.