PDA

View Full Version : What? Me going crazy? Nahh!!!

Ghostdog21
09-16-2008, 01:26 PM
First of all I would like to apologize for such a long post.

I swear to god, there is no end to this. Need you help; is it anxiety or am I simply loosing it?

First of all about 1 1/2 month ago I was on clanozipam for about a month at .25ml in the morning and .25 at night for slight social anxiety which are absolutely nothing compared to what im feeling right now. But after 1 month of use I decided to discontinue and deal with these issues on my own. Went at .125 ml for a last week while toughing out the withdrawals. Ps.Doc refused to believe that I had an any withdrawals because I was on it for such short period of time. Forget him!

About a month ago I and my girlfriend went on the town where I ended up having a major anxiety attack. I couldn’t breath, chest way tight and thought it was going to be the end of me.

Since then I haven’t felt alright. For 2 1/2 week after my head was literally numb and under pressure while is was in constant fear.

Anyways fast forward 2 weeks and here I am still not feeling normal. Although the pressure is gone, im still in constant fear of just about anything and everything.

Mostly I wake up in the morning and my mind is running with thoughts, mostly about not feeling normal and thinking im either going to be the end or im simply going to lose it.

It tends to get worse when im at work. I work in a secure building with no natural sun light and very bring fluorescent lights. Eventually by the end of the day it gets better and I calm down but still feel weird. Feel better overall when im at home. Overall I can feel fine one second and feel like hell the next. Have random things trigger these thoughts and emotions.

Here are the symptoms:

Over all imp just scared, for no obvious reason.

Feel like imp shaking internally, as if though my nervous system is going nuts.
Occasional pressure in the head, only lasts for few minutes.
Intrusive thoughts.
Very conscious of my breathing, feel like I will forget to breath and have to force myself to do so.
I feel as my end is comming soon. For instance I would be seating at a bus stop and a bus would pass and I have a flash in my mind like the bus is about to run over me or imp going to jump under it, although I know im clearly will not do it. Which is very terrifying and scary.
Feel as if im about to loose control and there is nothing I can do about it.
Feel as if im loosing my mind.
Feel that there is no tomorrow for me and death imminent.
Mind is always running.
Constantly thinking about not being ok, and thinking there is something wrong with me, in other works obsessing about not being ok in turn I end up feeling even worse.
Feel as if though there is a lump in my through
Tingling feet
Feeling like I have pins poking at my head in different areas at random times, which is really annoying.

Anxiety?

Bungle
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi there Ghostdog,

Whilst I'm not an anxiety specilast, I honestly think you should not worry, you are definitely not losing your mind! :D

You're experiencing anxiety - when it first starts it can be the scariest thing you can imagine, and yes you will worry about it every second of every day until you learn how to handle it. I certainly had that, but after a time it won't occupy your every waking thought - I promise you.

Can you identify when the feelings or sensations start? I learned that for me it starts with a feeling of not being able to get a deep breath. I know that my feelings of anxiety then feed off this. I am really learning how to stop these feelings early on, before I panic.

It might be worth trying to work out the triggers to your anxiety, as your intrusive 'this is never going to end thoughts' only tend to come in to play once the sensations have already started e.g. the pressure in your head/breathing.

My counsellor has been working with me on trying to combat those thoughts and rationalising what is going on - a really good one for me is to write line after line (as if you were at school) saying

I am ok I am ok I am ok
There is nothing to fear There is nothing to fear
I am well I am well
This is simply an exaggerated bodily reaction to stress and I am ok

This has got me out of a few panic attacks.....
I hope this has helped, sorry if not but I am thinking of you. It's very hard living with anxiety and I wish you luck ;)