PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety be resolved with the right motivation?

Saft1980
11-26-2015, 03:15 AM
Hi all,
I have been trying to get some wins on the board for some time now. Most of my life really. I don't really feel like I have achieved anything to write home about. I feel I have this overwhelming anxiety toward failure and criticism and rejection. It's something that has dominated every major decision I have ever made and as a result has prevented me from making those big decisions and instead opting for a more safe and secure alternative.
I guess the question I have to ask all of you is, can this overbearing anxiety be resolved with the right motivation. Is it the case that I just haven't fount it yet. Is there a big enough stick and carrot out there that would drive me toward action and let go of the fear and if so is it something that I can create for myself so that I can be self motivated. I've tried looking for the why's that make going after what I want worth breaking through the anxiety. But i can't seem to find answers that are bigger than it.

Thanks

Jesse

cloudy black
11-26-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi all,
I have been trying to get some wins on the board for some time now. Most of my life really. I don't really feel like I have achieved anything to write home about. I feel I have this overwhelming anxiety toward failure and criticism and rejection. It's something that has dominated every major decision I have ever made and as a result has prevented me from making those big decisions and instead opting for a more safe and secure alternative.
I guess the question I have to ask all of you is, can this overbearing anxiety be resolved with the right motivation. Is it the case that I just haven't fount it yet. Is there a big enough stick and carrot out there that would drive me toward action and let go of the fear and if so is it something that I can create for myself so that I can be self motivated. I've tried looking for the why's that make going after what I want worth breaking through the anxiety. But i can't seem to find answers that are bigger than it.

Thanks

Jesse

hello Jesse i have the exact kinda thing. and i wish i could wave the magic wand and have it disappear for both of us! one thing though it has made me search out for some kind of sense and now i have realise that i have to put in place things that anchor me. and in the worlds eyes i am a failure and i have to live with that. but then the world is very transient and prejudiced so why base my spirit level there? and i invite you, to find and discover the things that give life and happiness to you have that be your purpose. do you now what the biggest universal truth is? "we are all making it up as we go along anyway"

don't have the world dictate to you what you should/ought to be lets face it the world is pretty sick anyway. just watch the news! i do the best that i can do most days for myself and for others albeit small things. and yeah that doesn't sound very exciting but like you maybe just maybe ....