PDA

View Full Version : coming down :(

Nic Marsella
11-24-2015, 08:19 AM
I had an appt at the dr's office this morning, I needed to get a cortisone shot in my back. I get into the office, they take me right in, and what do they do? I know it's their job to, i'm not complaining or anything...but they put me in the white room with no windows and shut the door.

yes, I passed out at the dr's office because I had a panic attack. not even at the right dr's office, either. my next psychiatrist appt is on December 8th.

wtf.

I am so sick of being like this.

Anne1221
11-24-2015, 12:27 PM
I know people who ask that the door not be completely shut. These are not people who have anxiety like me, but people who are afraid to fly on airplanes or get into elevators, otherwise, they are not anxious.

Nic Marsella
11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
holy crap, anne....I've never had a claustrophobia problem until recently. this is scary.

NixonRulz
11-24-2015, 08:30 PM
If your anxiety has caused your claustrophobia it is becasue you allowed it

remember that anxiety and panic rely on the false information your brain buys into. If you believe you have a condition anxiety can certainly make it happen

Anne1221
11-25-2015, 11:26 AM
It DOES NOT mean you have claustrophobia. You were just having a VERY anxious moment and when they closed the door, it made you anxious. I'm just saying you CAN ask that they not close the door all the way. They are used to that request.