PDA

View Full Version : Will anything good ever happen?

itdoesntreallymatter
11-20-2015, 10:29 AM
I've posted before, but I'd like to see if some of you feel the same way...

So, of late, I've been having panic attacks about my heart, (medical phobia) and it's just really starting to seem hopeless that this will ever go away. I am sick and tired of it, tried various medications, but no luck on any of them. I have tried therapy, but still have the sinking feeling that I am going to die by my own heart, I fear that out of nowhere, it may just stop. The doctors say I'm healthy. I'm 17, 5'0 and 100 pounds, I have never had anxiety or heart problems...

Is it possible to be traumatized by a hospital visit? I hate going to the hospital, and I had a stomach bug last month. My heart rate was over 200, they put me on EKG, and gave me the stuff in the IV to make my heart stop beating, and left the crash cart in my room...

Ever since then, I have had nothing but fear from my heart, and fear that I will die somewhat soon. I am terrified to go to bed at night, think about it all day long, especially at work, where I am active and feel like my heart is beating to fast...

Has anyone else ever felt like this.?

gadguy
11-20-2015, 02:54 PM
I've posted before, but I'd like to see if some of you feel the same way...

So, of late, I've been having panic attacks about my heart, (medical phobia) and it's just really starting to seem hopeless that this will ever go away. I am sick and tired of it, tried various medications, but no luck on any of them. I have tried therapy, but still have the sinking feeling that I am going to die by my own heart, I fear that out of nowhere, it may just stop. The doctors say I'm healthy. I'm 17, 5'0 and 100 pounds, I have never had anxiety or heart problems...

Is it possible to be traumatized by a hospital visit? I hate going to the hospital, and I had a stomach bug last month. My heart rate was over 200, they put me on EKG, and gave me the stuff in the IV to make my heart stop beating, and left the crash cart in my room...

Ever since then, I have had nothing but fear from my heart, and fear that I will die somewhat soon. I am terrified to go to bed at night, think about it all day long, especially at work, where I am active and feel like my heart is beating to fast...

Has anyone else ever felt like this.?

Well no wonder your were traumatized at hospital.....but try to remember..your heart was not the problem it was the meds and all this resulted from a stomach bug...it really had nothing to do with you heart. I basically have social anxiety...i just do not do well in social situations, I do take meds to help, and through those I have become more out going...I even joined a gym, something i would have never done before and started dating, not that any of those have ended well, but I keep trying.

In a way you you are fortunate...you know the source of your anxiety, now you have to put it in the right perspective....it takes time and you are the only one who can do it.

Your young, and I'm guessing other than your hospital trauma you are relatively healthy, there is no reason to worry about death...its gonna happen to all of us someday. We just don't know when or how and death is not the end...there is something after.

Anne1221
11-20-2015, 07:43 PM
I think you need to see a therapist, and a better doctor to help you find the right medications. You're obsessing too much about your heart. Get it checked out by a competent doctor, even two, so that you KNOW your heart is fine. Once you've done that, get the help you need from a therapist/psychiatrist to stop worrying so much and relax more.