PDA

View Full Version : Eating

LDE
11-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Does anyone else have major trouble eating when their anxiety is bad? I've hardly been able to eat for the past week and it's very frustrating.

Anne1221
11-15-2015, 07:47 AM
I have the opposite problem! I eat more when I'm anxious. It makes it very hard to lose weight. I have 10 lbs I've been trying to lose for a year now, but so hard because I get so anxious, I overeat. But I know what you're talking about, because if I have to stand up in front of a big crowd to give a talk, I lose my appetite. I think you're just going to have to try to find some shakes, or Ensure, or something you can tolerate because not eating is not good for your anxiety.

LDE
11-15-2015, 09:24 AM
I kind of switch off between overeating and undereating. Both are not good. Thanks for the idea of Ensure I didn't think of that. I've been trying to eat really plain foods but even those are hard to stomach. Drinking things is easier.

Fahrenheit
11-15-2015, 05:38 PM
This definitely happens to me. I usually try to eat bananas and yogurt and other soft things that you don't have to chew. I find that it is difficult to eat when I am anxious either because A) i don't have the energy/focus for eating when I am restlessly anxious or B) i am nauseous and have trouble swallowing/everything want to come back up.

That said, yogurt and fruit are not enough to really fill me up, so I haven't really come up with a satisfactory solution for eating enough when anxious. Smoothies are a good choice, but again, ultimately leave you hungry.

gadguy
11-16-2015, 08:26 AM
I've gone from one extreme to other...when I was younger and up into my 40's I would not be able to eat and if i did i could not keep it down....now I want to eat everything in sight. I have to keep very strict with calories in order not get morbidly obese, since last year I gained 30 lbs due to stress eating, if I did not try to keep my daily intake at or below 1400 cals it would be much greater, but some-days I have no control.

MainerMikeBrown
11-16-2015, 06:41 PM
When I'm nervous, I don't eat more or less than what I usually do. But I tend to eat too fast when something has got me worried.

I need to get out of that habit.

CherylW
11-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Anxiety makes me loose my appetite.