PDA

View Full Version : Biggest frustration with anxiety

anxiouscow
11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi everybody. It feels liberating to know that I'm not the only one struggling with anxiety.

I'm just curious, what’s the biggest challenge or frustration you’re having with anxiety? It would be interesting to start a discussion about this

Gwen123
11-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi, you're definitely not the only person with anxiety. When I started talking to people about it, I was surprised by how many people had mental health problems. They're a common thing, but people don't talk about them like they do with physical illnesses, which is frustrating. It's frustrating that if I broke my leg or had a cold, people would understand that I'd have difficulty doing day to day things but with anxiety, people will rarely even ask how it is. The most frustrating thing for me though is how it's affected my work and ability to study. It's so time consuming when I have to spend hours trying to deal with depression, watching videos to distract myself and get panic attacks even thinking about assignments. I used to get straight A's but my grades have dropped a lot and I know that if I didn't have anxiety and depression I could have achieved so much more. But then again I think the mental health problems actually helped me write some great English Literature essays, by giving me a greater understanding of the texts I read and making me go a little crazy with racing thoughts that produced some interesting ideas. It still sucks though because I study Biology now and mental illness really does not help with that. It's complicated, but interesting to think about.

How about you? How are you doing?

anxiouscow
11-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm doing better. I struggle when I have too many things going on at the same time. It's hard to focus on just one thing, when you constantly worry about other things.

Gwen123
11-15-2015, 09:04 AM
That's pretty common with anxiety. Have you tried anything, like making lists and planning out your time so you know you're focussing on one thing for an hour and then move onto the next thing?

MainerMikeBrown
11-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Although my anxieties have decreased a lot compared to the anxieties I used to have to deal with, the medication I'm on causes my hands to tremor when I get nervous. That's the biggest issue I have with anxiety right now.

The Intolerable Kid
11-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Going to work is the worst one for me, like a lot of other people I'm sure. Since being unemployed is an even greater source of stress I'm more or less stuck.

lady grantham
11-17-2015, 09:29 AM
for me, feeling diss connected from the world and feeling so limited. I can't talk to people- really bad social phobia. I can't leave the house- really bad agoraphobia. I can't have a calm mind- because 24 hours a day i'm always thinking about something (even if it's something not worth thinking about), not getting sleep, just generally feel i'm different and diss connected from everyone elss. oh, and the panic attacks are bad and can hit you at anytime with any amount of severity. I've felt like i'm dying from them multiple times

CherylW
11-19-2015, 09:07 AM
My biggest issue is getting up in the morning and getting my kids ready for school. Then the day seems to drag with my mind focused on how I am feeling. Going to doc today. Hoping to change my meds.

hungkindlecafevn
11-20-2015, 12:26 AM
lên là lên