PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Having bad anxiety

Rainbows
11-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Hi All,

I had a very difficult time during the past 5 - 6 years. Thankfully, that period is behind me now.

However, I seem to have developed very bad anxiety as a result. I've never had anxiety at this level before. Earlier this week my partner and I had a small fight for something quite silly, and since then I have been having pain in my chest and it feels like I am constantly having a heart attack. I have had this feeling of 'having a heart attack' a few times earlier this year as well. The only explaination I have is that I somehow battled through the last 5 - 6 years without really thinking of my health, eating right or staying fit.

I am certain what I have is anxiety, though I've not spoken to a doctor yet.

I was wondering what the best way to start healing myself would be. Any advice would be really appreciated. It is difficult to have a constant chest pain that doesn't seem to go away.

Thank you!

MiST
11-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi All,

I had a very difficult time during the past 5 - 6 years. Thankfully, that period is behind me now.

However, I seem to have developed very bad anxiety as a result. I've never had anxiety at this level before. Earlier this week my partner and I had a small fight for something quite silly, and since then I have been having pain in my chest and it feels like I am constantly having a heart attack. I have had this feeling of 'having a heart attack' a few times earlier this year as well. The only explaination I have is that I somehow battled through the last 5 - 6 years without really thinking of my health, eating right or staying fit.

I am certain what I have is anxiety, though I've not spoken to a doctor yet.

I was wondering what the best way to start healing myself would be. Any advice would be really appreciated. It is difficult to have a constant chest pain that doesn't seem to go away.

Thank you!

Realising that it is just anxiety is your first step. For some, this is enough to start them on the road to recovery.

Anxiety, although unpleasant, is only a temporary state, and actually a perfectly normal and healthy response to elevated adrenaline levels. It's the fight or flight reflex, just seemingly constantly.

You have most likely experienced the worst it can throw at you, and your fine, so take heart in that.

The key, is not to give the anxiety the attention is craves, this only makes things worse. Conversely, don't try and ignore the symptoms either, hoping they will go away.

Rather, try and accept the symptoms. Accept them for what they are, acknowledge them, and get on with your day with a smile on your face, even if that smile is forced.

Read some of the books by Dr Claire Weekes, you will be amazed at how simple the method of accepting the anxiety is.

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Rainbows
11-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Thank you very much for your quick response MiST!

Yes, I realise now that this chest pain is anxiety related. I've only started reading up on anxiety today, so I have a long road ahead.

I will buy a book by Dr. Weekes from Amazon. Thank you for the recommendation!

Do you have any recommendations for supplements, vitamins, etc as well? Anything that might have helped you?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me!

MiST
11-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Hmm..Camomile tea is good for lowering anxiety levels, Lavender scented candles or air sprays are good too.

Other than that, just a healthy diet with lots of fruit and vegetables and a good nights sleep regularly. In fact, I wasn't sleeping well for a while, but once I started getting around six to seven hours a night I felt better almost instantly. Don't under estimate the importance of a good nights rest.

;)

Rainbows
11-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks again, very much!