PDA

View Full Version : How?

Kellie
11-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Hi guys, I haven't been on this forum for a long time now, not because i didn't need to but I got caught up with life but right now I really need to talk to people who understand.
I am 19 years old and I have had severe anxiety for a few years now. I'm at a bit of a stand still with my life right now as I am on a benefit to get money to pay mum money to have me. It suits me fine but i cant stay on it forever, even though it is ideal for me. People are constantly on my case about getting a job however I know that its just not something I am near ready to do. I have never had a job, nor have any experience and I wanted to know how a lot of you deal with Jobs and how many of you don't have jobs and how it affects you and your lives. Also my mother keeps telling me she understands all this but every time we talk about my anxiety it turns into a fight. She keeps telling me that "getting a job will be the making of you" but I keep telling her that's not how it is. I don't know. I just need to talk to people who understand because I am really over this..

Help! x

whiterose
11-07-2015, 12:18 AM
i currently do not work right now but my husband does. so he supports us both. Honestly i don't know if will ever work again. i have in the past but my anxiety was not like it is now back then. if you can find something that you would love to do or interests you...then start there. is school an option? even being online only?

Kellie
11-07-2015, 01:17 AM
I don't have the motivation right now to do any sort of study. However I really want to write a book and that's something i am really passionate about, and conveniently about anxiety from our perspective.

whiterose
11-07-2015, 01:47 AM
Then you should do it :) maybe for extra income you can be a freelance writer? There are so many online and if you love writing it could be a good fit for you!

Anne1221
11-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Start small. Find something (even if it's volunteer work) that is only a few hours per week. That will give you the confidence to do more. Take baby steps, but work towards your goal of working. (in the meantime, start writing).