PDA

View Full Version : My social anxiety

Meliowiz
11-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm having a lot of trouble lately with myself. Pretty much, I'm a 14 year old male and I'm very unhappy about myself. I'm super skinny and have a high voice. I always feel like people are judging me because I'm so weird, or awkward, etc. right now I'm in a production with lots of sophisticated actors and I'm so intimidated. I have no one to help me and everyday I come home crying wanting to cut myself because I feel like I'm so much worse than everyone. I can't talk to any of them, I just get all nervous and begin thinking they'll judge me. I have a crush on one of the people, too and I'm so scared to even approach them and im always thinking about what I'm doing around them. It really sucks and I want to get rid of it. I don't want to feel like a nerdy little child when I know I'm so much more. I can be funny and confident, I just know it, but I never know how and I don't know what to say. That's why I came here and id really appreciate some help

anpene
11-17-2015, 04:00 AM
I just recommended it to another person, but I think you too should get acwuanted with Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by Dr. David Burns - it's a very interesting read, and you'll find out numerous useful ways for deeling with your anxiety and negative feelings.

RoderickLariviere
12-01-2015, 01:11 AM
A healthy routine can help you grow your confidence, eat fresh, do exercise, go for long walks, meet people and communicate with them.
Go out with friends and family to start taking part in social gatherings. .