PDA

View Full Version : The more things change....

randomirishguy
11-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi,

Not sure what I'm really looking for here but I thought it might be good to post and share anyway?

Started getting panic attacks when I was in my late teens. Struggled through college for a few years until I eventually faced up to it and went to a counsellor at Uni. Got treated for social anxiety and things really improved.

Now it's a few years later, gone back to college to do a postgraduate course, anxiety problems have crept back up on me again.

Bit different this time though as it doesn't seem to be social anxiety. In fact I don't really know what's wrong. There are a few things bothering me (college pressure, worries that I'm missing out on my twenties, girl trouble, family trouble, etc.)

To be honest though I wouldn't have thought any of those problems are bad enough to spark things off again. In fact a lot of them have been constant throughout the time I was relatively anxiety free too. Going to start getting help again but I really don't have a clue what's up with me.

So yeah, really just wondering what's happening, what the problem is if it isn't SA and why it's got worse now. Can't imagine how I'll go about treating this either given it seems quite different to my previous problems. Don't know enough about anxiety to figure out what's changed. Quite confused generally really.

It still sucks though, so I'm on familiar ground there at least!