PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

danielJ
11-01-2015, 10:17 AM
How high is your heart rate at rest?
How low is your heart rate during sleep?

Goomba
11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
You're starting to dig a hole for yourself.

Symptom - google - high anxiety/panic -find reassurance - new symptom or reoccurring anxiety behind old symptom - repeat

Stay off of search engines.

You have not been "at rest" since the start of this,
so you do not know your true resting, or normal heart rate.

It's anxiety. Your body is in overdrive constantly. This causes a rapid heartbeat for as long as you feed the anxiety.

Every time you search something on google you are feeding anxiety (even if your intentions are otherwise) and prolonging your symptoms.

danielJ
11-01-2015, 01:31 PM
You're starting to dig a hole for yourself.

Symptom - google - high anxiety/panic -find reassurance - new symptom or reoccurring anxiety behind old symptom - repeat

Stay off of search engines.

You have not been "at rest" since the start of this,
so you do not know your true resting, or normal heart rate.

It's anxiety. Your body is in overdrive constantly. This causes a rapid heartbeat for as long as you feed the anxiety.

Every time you search something on google you are feeding anxiety (even if your intentions are otherwise) and prolonging your symptoms.

I understand that completely, but I still find myself unable to calm down when I'm constantly having 90-100 bpm and sometimes feeling the heart in the chest, for many days now. I always think of the worst, because I can't find a logical explanation and I'm beginning to doubt the power of anxiety to perform such a trick.

However, there is a silver lining. I was told that my thyroid level was fine by my parents who had the medical paper with them, but when I read the medical paper today it said 'slightly increased' thyroid level, then I looked up ten symptoms of hyperthyroidism, and I have every single one of them, not to mention that 3 of my close relatives have hyperthyroidism. I would be extremely happy for hyperthyroidism to be the case, that's the best case scenario for me.

Then, when I consider Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, which is basically the worst case scenario, and think through this logically, it's extremely unlikely. First of all, the chance of receiving it is 1%, and it's less likely if you're a man, which I am, and it's even less likely if you have done no drugs or medicines, which I have not. Secondly, their sleep pulse is 80-90, while mine is 60.

But you know anxiety -- still having worries despite facts.

Anne1221
11-01-2015, 05:55 PM
So, what does your primary care doctor say? That's what counts.

sae
11-01-2015, 07:52 PM
IST is typically an event, or a reaction, rather than a disorder per se. In most cases it follows an infection.

Dr. Google is a quack. My heart rate at rest is around 95 without beta blockers, but I also have a few health issues that lend to that. I also have panic attacks. I do not notice my heart rate being elevated unless I am in panic.

You are going to be okay. Just remember to breathe.