PDA

View Full Version : Now Social Security is Accusing Me of Working Too Much and Charging Me Back Pay, Ughh

1Bluerose68
10-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Since 2012 they claim that I have been working and earning over the allowed amount for recipients of Disability. Well a part of my Disability is Lack of necessary Mindfulness? Whats a girl to do??? So I have a job where i work on call and earn almost $200 per day. Well in 2012 I couldn't possibly have been working overtime as I was at home helping take care of my elderly parent. I worked a few 1/2 day assignments, sure???

Then they also brought me in annually for a 1 on 1 interview at Disability to review my annual information, and updated whatever they needed to update. Well, I feel that the people in charge of my records are at fault, not me? I mean claiming I am at fault and owe for 4 yrs Back Pay. Why couldn't they alert me to that before this 2015 annual review year?I had gone in annually for that type of info on my earnings and personal info interview for at least 5 prior years before that even?????

So I sent in a letter to argue against what they allege. They also abruptly stopped my Disability payments last month 2015. This is also the same month that I just learned that my landlord is increasing my rent 2x the amount I now pay.

So anyhow now I don't have a choice and MUST work everyday of the month, and I still feel like I'm falling short on earning enough to get by.

I attended college for 8 years, and graduated. This is how a 1st generation College Grad(w/ Honors Too??), is rewarded here in America for all the time spent studying for pointless, paper and pencil tests. Only to graduate from college, both a B.A degree, as well as an M.S. degree(White Elephant Degree), I heard was called, jokingly, by My cavalier, and affluent college professors, during my "tour of duty" during grad school . (Tee hee, and ha ha!!!)Well, i was raised SHELTERED, and didn't have a CLUE!!!!!

I really wish they would realize @ work that we subs , I do at least, deserve a "Cost of Living Raise." I cant afford 1 job and live comfortably with it. Now I'm finding myself , during my time off from work , applying for extra income earning jobs, such as Seasonal retail.....?

I just feel so angry that my government is Playing this Head Game with me and making me feel so frustrated over this. They want back Pay of $26,000. I researched my earnings for the past 4 yrs and , if any, I found about $11,000 that I would have earned in excess???

But they still never warned me in Writing about this, and just abruptly, last month, terminated my Disability payment. I feel this should have been something they warned me about so that I wouldn't have to go into shock, or not have a backup plan for additional income as a result of this Last Minute Termination from Disability.

I am an American. I deserve to be treated fairly too. I was NOT fairly WARNED, instead shocked and put into a position where i must work very hard now. My DISABILITY did NOT just go away either. I suffer Chronic Fatigue and other Challenges too.

I can't help that after my dad passed away , I lost track of myself and began working to stay busy as this death was something I did not wish to stay home and feel so depressed about. So I went to work everyday as soon as i possibly could work.

Then they even seem to have the nerve to penalize me for inheriting a small little amount of money. It's not like I could warn them ahead of time of my inheritance and anyway that's supposed to be allowed here in CA. But they are sneaky and used the excuse of the 4 yrs in Over Payment, but I think I am being punished for my inheritance.

That's very Sneaky and I'm just sick and Tired of our Pathetic, slothful, gov employees. They should have warned me. In not doing so all I can think is that in my last annual review I was punished for finally returning to work after so many years of only working p/t due to CFS and other challenges.

I am NOT CRAZY. But I am NOW Overwhelmed w/ this OVERPAYMENT bill of $26,000. Even if I work F/T , the most I may earn in a month is like $2,400 ? And, they have the nerve to ask for it to be paid back IMMEDIATELY, like some sort of a Hostage demand on me too!!!How so, " I can'T"

I really need a raise. I am panicking over this, and my friend who also has the same type of job elsewhere says that what they pay me is a mere joke???Well, I'm NOT laughing. This bill is serious. I was about to use my lil savings to finally straighten my teeth and purchase a used car to be able to transport myself to work and eventually allow myself to speak more clearly . I suffer from a severe crossbite and overcrowding and really need ortho.

I am just so mad that these lazy office sloth and or incompetent and over-paid government accountants who are employed with the dept of Social Security Disability US Government Loyalty Job, took 4 friggin years to say this to me. had they warned me earlier , obviously I would have earned less or signed the paperwork to relieve them from my Disability payments. I think it's careless and neglectful on their behalf. Its led me to be very stressed out. i have lost 12 Lbs in the month since they sent me this "Heart Attack" in writing!!!

This Hispanic employee who I always talked to after waiting very patiently every month when I turned in my monthly proof of p/t earnings receipt, told me when I asked "How much was max that I could earn monthly and still be allowed Disability." He told me that I could earn as much as $2,000 per month. I asked this ? to him several times, but never got this answer in writing, of course?

Then I call on the phone and you know they ask 50 ?s about our personal identity. Well, after talking to this 20 something y/o boy, who obviously still had several years of college to finish??? I had to divulge my personal info in order to make a complaint about the fact that I was being reminded every month of a payment I had made at least 3 months prior to that phone call.

But somehow I mentioned the ? , again of how much was the max I could earn and remain on Disability. I should have LISTENED to that little voice inside me that kept telling me something just wasn't "Quite RIGHT???" Then somehow I seemed surprised when he told me a figure like $1040 per month, and I said out of utter surprise, oh well the person at the office had told me it was about $2,000 per month.

The next thing I know a week later after that call I received a huge bill for Disability for Accumulated Overpayment dating back 4 yrs, for $26,000. The letter wasn't even formatted correctly or very formal in appearance. it looked like someone saw a light and dollar signs and decided to be lucrative and creative and found a way to finish college at my suffering and expense!~!!!!!!!

So These people in our gov running Disability are NOT straight. Now they have me on Welfare Med Coverage and I did NOT ask to be put on that either. I don't even have the time to tell them to leave me alone, I'm too busy working now to wait on a long telephone line or sit and deal w/ back pain at the Welfare office to clear this up.

These people in government aren't gonna be happy until they ruin my life!!!!!I am NOT HAPPY about this situation. I feel powerless and I hope our leaders realize they are lazy, unprofessional, lousy mathematicians and something is way wrong to make a girl pay back 4 years of Overpayment after 1 lousy phone call with a 20-Something y/o employee who has THAT MUCH POWER to RUIN my entire LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Something needs to be done! they need new people working in our gov who are competent and efficient. Not 4 years back on records and then inducing STRESS to the point of me not having a period after hearing this over whelming news as I lose my appetite, and gain a heart murmur, and feel totally powerless even after talking with another person there in Disability who told me they wont have an answer to my letter of disagreement for up to 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!