PDA

View Full Version : constant tension, heart beat

danielJ
10-30-2015, 12:33 PM
I made a post regarding this before, but some new questions. Background: so it's been a while and I seem to have a rapid heartbeat every day, all day long -- sometimes I feel that it's normal but once I begin measuring it's up again. My normal heartrate was 60-70 but now It's 90-100 bpm, but it can be faster when I stress even more. I know alot of people have episodes of fast heartbeat during the day, but I was wondering if any of you feel like it's constantly fast, like 90% of the day? I'm obsessed with my heartbeat so maybe that's what is increasing it? I have many symptoms of anxiety including going to the toilet more frequently, cold sweats, head and neck tension, shortness of breath and just feeling awful.

My MAIN WORRY is that it will never stop, and that I'll never again have a normal heartrate. The thought is extremely depressing and makes me feel like I'm looking through a glass, it's simply something no one should experience. If I knew it would eventually return to normal, it would reduce my anxiety GREATLY. Been to the docs, they said all is fine, but I still can't bring myself to accept that

Goomba
10-30-2015, 03:48 PM
My heartbeat was at least 90bpm for about a whole year, or at least every time I checked it, with the occasional exception of when I woke up in the morning and wasn't anxious.

You ever get stressed and feel your heart beat faster? It's the same thing, except stress is your constant now. As long as you are obsessing over it, it will remain that way. And, of course, when you get even more stressed now, the heartbeat will continue to elevate.

By the way, a heartbeat that is taken when you are not at rest is always going to be significantly higher.

My resting heart beat stays around 60-70 now, with an occasional day in the 80s. I take no meds.

danielJ
10-30-2015, 04:13 PM
My heartbeat was at least 90bpm for about a whole year, or at least every time I checked it, with the occasional exception of when I woke up in the morning and wasn't anxious.

You ever get stressed and feel your heart beat faster? It's the same thing, except stress is your constant now. As long as you are obsessing over it, it will remain that way. And, of course, when you get even more stressed now, the heartbeat will continue to elevate.

By the way, a heartbeat that is taken when you are not at rest is always going to be significantly higher.

My resting heart beat stays around 60-70 now, with an occasional day in the 80s. I take no meds.

Thank you for the reply. Reading your life story post made me so much more calm today... but anxiety made it's way back. You're the only person on here that had the same as me, everyone else seems to report episodes of tachycardia, like every week or so... that's not as scary as constant. Yeah I'm still in my teens and I have NEVER had any heart issues in my life, I used to be out all day and have no problem with heartbeat... this has really made my life difficult, since I have become such a worry-head.

I have a question though. While this was going on, did you sometimes feel pressure in your neck and head? Especially at night?

Goomba
10-30-2015, 06:58 PM
No problem!

Yeah, my muscles would get really tense and I would feel all kinds of pressure. And, headaches were very frequent.

I'm not really sure if it all began instantly or not. Every symptom that began seemed instant, and to just appear out of the blue. I can remember with my heart specifically, I began to have trouble sleeping because I was so aware of it at night, and could feel my pulse everywhere.

When I look back though, with an anxiety free mind, I can see patterns of stress that had been going on for a long time, and the gradual effects they had on my body.

danielJ
10-31-2015, 01:09 PM
No problem!

Yeah, my muscles would get really tense and I would feel all kinds of pressure. And, headaches were very frequent.

I'm not really sure if it all began instantly or not. Every symptom that began seemed instant, and to just appear out of the blue. I can remember with my heart specifically, I began to have trouble sleeping because I was so aware of it at night, and could feel my pulse everywhere.

When I look back though, with an anxiety free mind, I can see patterns of stress that had been going on for a long time, and the gradual effects they had on my body.

Have you ever thought you have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia? That's what I have come across thanks to Google and IST is so terrible because they say there is no cure other than surgery and that they have no idea how it comes.

Goomba
10-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Don't google stuff. Ever.

It won't help you, it will only prolong this battle.

Google is filled with loads of bad and fearful information. If you're scared you're going to look into it more, thus generating more hits for websites and their partners. That equals money.

Google is just a concoction of vague worst case scenario information.

If you research anything, solid peer reviewed articles, or attach the word anxiety to whatever you're searching.

I recommend neither until you're beyond the worst of this.

You said your heart rate is below 100 often.

Tachycardia only exists above 100.

Yes, there were times when I was convinced I had that or something similar. Boy was I wrong. Just anxiety.

danielJ
10-31-2015, 02:19 PM
Don't google stuff. Ever.

It won't help you, it will only prolong this battle.

Google is filled with loads of bad and fearful information. If you're scared you're going to look into it more, thus generating more hits for websites and their partners. That equals money.

Google is just a concoction of vague worst case scenario information.

If you research anything, solid peer reviewed articles, or attach the word anxiety to whatever you're searching.

I recommend neither until you're beyond the worst of this.

You said your heart rate is below 100 often.

Tachycardia only exists above 100.

Yes, there were times when I was convinced I had that or something similar. Boy was I wrong. Just anxiety.

Okay. I just discovered people with IST don't have a pulse of 60 in sleep, something I do. Somehow assuring.
Then, I read you have fear or cancer or had, if you ever have it again you should search Leonard Coldwell, he heals it as if it were a cold.