PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

Yapiej
10-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi, I'm from Amsterdam. I'm 20 years old and currently have acute (severe) agoraphobia, social anxiety and depression. I'm going to a psychiatrist for about 4-5 weeks now. I'm currently on 50 mg Sertraline (started 2 weeks ago) and oxazepam, which I sometimes abuse/take too much. I've had a sort of agoraphobia before, but really mild. Now it's full on, it started 2 months ago and I barely leave the house anymore. I did walk for 10 minutes to the park with my dad and the dog :) So I'm making small progress. And hi again. :)

danielJ
10-30-2015, 01:18 PM
I too have anxiety but not agoraphobia. Could you please tell me how it feels?

Yapiej
10-30-2015, 02:19 PM
I too have anxiety but not agoraphobia. Could you please tell me how it feels?

Agoraphobia is anxiety but it's anxiety that you get when you go somewhere you aren't comfortable/feel safe. For me that's almost anything right now. When I put on my shoes I start shaking and can't talk. When I step out of the door I'd rather run back inside. It's an overwhelming anxiety that takes over in places you aren't comfortable. When I walk (note with my dad or mom, I need someone with me) outside I start to feel dizzy, my legs sometimes don't seem to work, speaking is difficult when I'm anxious then.

greightful
10-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Hello! Keep it up! What you're doing sounds like it's working. I hope you continue to get better!