PDA

View Full Version : Mom needs help

BrookeLynnnn
10-19-2015, 09:32 PM
In this past year, my mom has tried Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, celexa, Wellbutrin & NOTHING has helped her. She has ocd, obsesses over things. Mild anxiety. Depression. Everything makes her worse. Her psych is giving up on her. Are there any other meds you guys think might suit her so she can discuss that with her psych??

meow.
10-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Get a new psych, giving up on a patient after trying 5 meds is bull. She deserves someone who is committed to helping.

Anne1221
10-20-2015, 09:00 AM
I agree. She needs to find a really good, committed, caring doctor of some kind to help her through this. Of course, there's lots of other antidepressants but something is going on with her not getting relief. Effexor and Lexapro have helped people but a good doctor is the key here.

NixonRulz
10-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Effexor worked really well for me. Give that a go

BrookeLynnnn
10-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Thank you everyone!! She's gonna look for a new psych.. & I'll mention Effexor to her! I've heard of people taking that & it being successful!

jessed03
10-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Yeah, worth giving Effexor a go.

Tell her not to worry though. Not only are there tonnes of meds around, there are also different med combinations to try. She's far from out of options.