PDA

View Full Version : New to site

amyo
10-19-2015, 10:32 AM
I joined this site in hopes of connecting with others that understand anxiety issues. I don't have anyone that can really relate. Most people just think it's a matter of "not thinking about it". Which I wish it was that simple, but it's not.

I don't just have one specific anxiety, I worry about pretty much everything. Family, health, safety, driving.

My Dr. doesn't seem to think I have an anxiety issue - I don't take any medication for (which I'm happy about). However, I have to figure this out and get it under control. It's totally changing who I am and my life. This past year I have missed too much work, have been to the ER way too many times, have had an extremely large amount of medical tests (which all come out that my health is good - but I can't seem to believe that for some reason), and have virtually no social life, because I'm too afraid that some bad health problem with happen while I'm gone, and am beginning to be afraid to drive anywhere.

Thinking every ache and pain is a first sign that you're going to have a heart attack, stroke or seizure, or have some life threatening disease is exhausting and frightening. Every day I think that this is the day I am going to die.

It's horrible - I hate it - and I need to get rid of the anxiety!!

Freaknout
10-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Hey amyo-

I really hope someone can reply to your post and make you feel better.
I'm new myself, and one of the things that has helped me out a little is "The List" (Side affects from Anxiety)

But I pretty much deal with the same thing you do... (Everything) I'm taking a medication for this, but I think its pretty much wore out...
I pray a lot and I mean a lot. I know all the people that tell you to not think about it and redirect your thoughts to other things.

One of the things I'm going to try out is look back at my past to see what I have cut out in my life and see if there could be something I'm missing that I used to do a lot of that I don't do anymore.

I'll be saying a prayer for you and your Family...

amyo
10-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks Freaknout! I too pray, continuously. It's the only thing that really gives me any type of comfort at all.

This morning I started writing an Anxiety Journal. I read that is helpful. It did help a little bit, at least it took my mind off how I was feeling at the moment, because I was trying to write down everything I was feeling for the past couple of days instead. :-)

I'll say prayers for you and well :-)

Take care!

Freaknout
10-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Thank you!
Writing a Journal. That's a pretty good idea.

don't stop if it helps. I've read a lot of the post and you will find out that everyone and there Anxiety is different.
It just Sucks!!!