PDA

View Full Version : Fear of losing mind!

Lovelyhead
10-19-2015, 07:13 AM
I am terrified that I am losing my mind, recently in my car I heard a siren noise, but wasn't sure if it was an actual police/ambulance vehicle, so let it go.
But just last week, driving down the motorway I heard it again, but it lasted longer and there was definitely no emergency car around. Now I've since hear it in my house everyday, I hear it more over other sounds, such as car noises, fans, wind.... it sounds just like a siren in the distance and it isn't tinnitus as I already have that.
I am absolutely terrified I'm going crazy, and since I'm so obsessed with it.. I will eventually cause myself to go mad. It is one of my biggest fears!
I have a constant tense feeling in my stomach and can't eat due to the anxiety this is causing me!
Please somebody tell me they have had something similar and that it is just a symptom of anxiety or OCD and not something worse! :(

amyo
10-19-2015, 10:12 AM
I also am in fear of losing my mind. I don't hear sounds, I just am always worried something bad is going to happen to someone I care about or to myself. It's a horrible feeling - being frightened every minute of every day.

meow.
10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Talk to your doc, the best thing you can do. One of the symptoms of anxiety is a feeling of loosing your mind or fear of "going crazy". I feel this way every day, if I hear a sound that I think sounds weird etc, although never imagined things that weren't real. Just talk to your doc to get some answers and try not to get in your own head thinking about it too much making yourself anxious.