PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Help

Tom Howard
10-19-2015, 04:27 AM
Hi this is my first post so hope I'm in the right place, Ive been suffering from anxiety for about 2 years now, it started off quite mild coming and going but now it's pretty extreme and is almost every other day. I've not been diagnosed with a specific anxiety disorder but my symptoms are that I will constantly overthink even the most minor of scenarios or incidents and turn it into the worst case imaginable. This can range from a simple conversation upon which something is said to seeing something in the news and thinking "what if that happens to me."

Recently this has started to effect my daily life as I will go days without eating due to worrying about a hypothetical worst case scenario I have invented and the guilt I feel about letting my wife/child down.

I'm currently prescribed 40mg of Fluoxetine and 25Mg of a beta blocker from my doctor. I'm just hoping that by posting here someone might be able to relate to my symptoms and offer some help/guidance as its starting to take over my life.

Thanks

meow.
10-19-2015, 01:27 PM
My anxiety also causes me to be afraid of eating, but I have to remind myself that without the right fuel, the anxiety will only get worse. Your mind can't function properly and make rational decisions if you don't eat. Eating can cause a panic attack for me, worrying that I will get sick from eating the food or that it is poisoned, but panic attacks are temporary and in order for everything to get better you must eat!