PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety about ms

Emarie
10-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Hi my name is Eden I'm new to this forum and honestly anxiety. I've always been kind of a anxious person especially about my health. Well starting in July I began to get real bad pains in my legs went to my dr told me I was fine just take vitamins and had me start taking cilatropram 10mg. I was in the process of moving from Kansas to Cali to move in with my husband who is in the marines. Well I started doing okay with my legs had a few days a week where they didn't bother me but I was always having anxiety about them so I went to a dr down here in Cali she told me she could set tell I was an anxious person and gave me a higher dose of my meds to 20mg ran blood test for autoimmune diseases and vitamin deficiency. Everything was fine other then a small deficiency in vit D so I'm taking 2000 units a day and my legs don't bother me anymore. Well I started noticing tingling in my body throughout and my big toe always feels numb. Doing as I always do I turned to google and found ms.. I started freaking out I called my dr and she said she strongly believes it's my anxiety. So I believed her a lil but it was still bugging me I've been dealing with this ms obsession for almost 2 weeks now I'm always on google about it I give myself panic attacks. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and it's my anxiety. I tell them I can be not so anxious and still feel them and then it causes me to be anxious again because I'm wondering why these symptoms won't stop. To be honest I think about ms constantly I'm always having the symptoms I've been on my meds for a lil over a week now. And strongly debating on getting a Mri done so I can have some peace of mind because I'm tired of crying everyday thinking I have ms and my life is ruined. I was just wondering if anyone else went through these symptoms almost constantly like I do. Thanks!

NixonRulz
10-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi my name is Eden I'm new to this forum and honestly anxiety. I've always been kind of a anxious person especially about my health. Well starting in July I began to get real bad pains in my legs went to my dr told me I was fine just take vitamins and had me start taking cilatropram 10mg. I was in the process of moving from Kansas to Cali to move in with my husband who is in the marines. Well I started doing okay with my legs had a few days a week where they didn't bother me but I was always having anxiety about them so I went to a dr down here in Cali she told me she could set tell I was an anxious person and gave me a higher dose of my meds to 20mg ran blood test for autoimmune diseases and vitamin deficiency. Everything was fine other then a small deficiency in vit D so I'm taking 2000 units a day and my legs don't bother me anymore. Well I started noticing tingling in my body throughout and my big toe always feels numb. Doing as I always do I turned to google and found ms.. I started freaking out I called my dr and she said she strongly believes it's my anxiety. So I believed her a lil but it was still bugging me I've been dealing with this ms obsession for almost 2 weeks now I'm always on google about it I give myself panic attacks. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and it's my anxiety. I tell them I can be not so anxious and still feel them and then it causes me to be anxious again because I'm wondering why these symptoms won't stop. To be honest I think about ms constantly I'm always having the symptoms I've been on my meds for a lil over a week now. And strongly debating on getting a Mri done so I can have some peace of mind because I'm tired of crying everyday thinking I have ms and my life is ruined. I was just wondering if anyone else went through these symptoms almost constantly like I do. Thanks!

Just to answer your question, pretty much everyone here had or has symptoms similar to you constantly. Nth at is one of the wonders of anxiety. It keeps your mind racing, usually about something you are worried about. And if you aren't worried about something in particular, anxiety will surely find something for you to obsess on.

Your fear is MS. Mine was my heart. It doesn't matter the trigger. Everyone creates their own and then enjoys the lovely symptoms anxiety provides

This is so not unique to you

You can have all the MS tests you want, once you feel some type of relief that you don't have MS, your anxiety will find something new to worry about

That is the point. You are trying to get reassurance about your worry of MS and not addressing the real issue

Anxiety

So treat the anxiety and then all of the irrational worries disappear

A word of advice. If you must Google your concerns, type "Anxiety and MS or skipped heartbeat or leg pain". Just make sure you type "anxiety" first. That way the first things you see is how anxiety and those symptoms coexist.

Google "the anxiety coach". Great webpage that is free and really breaks down what anxiety is and how it makes you feel

Emarie
10-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Thank you so much for your advice it def was something small and then me becoming obsessed with ms has made it overwhelming. about ms. And when I'm not really anxious I think it's still there. Maybe my meds just need time to kick in. And I've read all about anxiety and how it can cause that I guess I just read that most people's stop mine never do. And how dr can misdiagnose ms for anxiety. I just think oh god what if I have it my husband won't love me I won't be able to do anything etc. my anxiety is completely consuming me. My husband is gone most the day and I'm stuck in the house with our son. Just gives me a lot of time to think about it. What are some ways you overcome your anxiety? Thanks again!��