PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! Introducing myself!

nittanylauren
10-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi, everyone. A little about myself first off!
I'm a 21 year old female from the USA. I've generally been a quieter/more introverted person for the most part, but my personality can shine with select people like friends and family. I've dealt with anxious tendencies my whole life, I think, especially separation anxiety when I was young.

As of this April, my anxiety has steadily increased. It was on and off okay until June when I had to leave the city I was staying in for college to come home earlier than planned because of the anxiety. Anxiety was alright until about two-ish weeks ago.
I pretty much lost all desire to eat and drink and couldn't even force myself to snack/drink more than sips, and after a week, I had to go get IV fluids. The hospital set me up with an intensive outpatient therapy program that I've been attending.

My love affair with food (my family loves food, and I used to, too!) has been absolutely wiped away, leaving me with doubts about what even to eat. Toast has been the easiest thing to eat, followed by applesauce.
Sometimes my stomach just gets all knotted up and upset and I just don't want to put anything in it. The psychiatrists and case workers at the program have pretty much given me the advice of "fake it until you make it"-- which is hard to deal with. How am I supposed to "make it" when all I can eat is toast? Hahaha, what I would give to be able to dive right into a huge bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy and a roast right now or a pizza and be able to think nothing of it and have my stomach thing nothing of it ether.
I'm so tired of eating toast, and I want to be able to branch out-- but the last thing I want is stomach cramps, nausea, and all those things. A little peanut butter on toast this morning was a big nope, as was half a turkey sandwich the other day.

I was on Zoloft from 2011 until about April of this year, which I then went off-- and may very well have caused my relapse. A short trial this summer of mirtazipine (not sure if that's the right spelling; Remeron is another name for it) proved to make me too sleepy.
Now I'm at the current stage of being just put back on Zoloft by a new psychiatrist via this program.

Well, that's me in a nutshell, I think. I hope to find some positives out of signing up for this forum! Can't hurt to try, anyway! :)

Nervous Ninny
10-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Welcome I have a very stupid question. They have changed things since I have been on here last. I am trying to figure out how to simply post a new post and I can't figure it out. BTW this is a huge issue for me all the time and people seem to be so mean then I am afraid to ask and the answer is usually very easy. Will someone please help?

nittanylauren
10-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Welcome I have a very stupid question. They have changed things since I have been on here last. I am trying to figure out how to simply post a new post and I can't figure it out. BTW this is a huge issue for me all the time and people seem to be so mean then I am afraid to ask and the answer is usually very easy. Will someone please help?

I just clicked the new thread button in the upper left hand corner, I believe.

Nervous Ninny
10-15-2015, 02:27 PM
I finally figured it out thank you. I have had that same problem with eating, I went through a bad bread up this summer and I looked anorexic. I am finally starting to put weight on again. I have found that if I laugh it helps, I usually will try to find some silly clip on youtube and the next thing I no I am eating and not to worried about my anxiety. I hope I can get happy again I was doing very well for a long time. You will as well, I find changed to be very hard

nittanylauren
10-15-2015, 03:59 PM
I finally figured it out thank you. I have had that same problem with eating, I went through a bad bread up this summer and I looked anorexic. I am finally starting to put weight on again. I have found that if I laugh it helps, I usually will try to find some silly clip on youtube and the next thing I no I am eating and not to worried about my anxiety. I hope I can get happy again I was doing very well for a long time. You will as well, I find changed to be very hard

Yeah, it's just been hard to even be relaxed enough to make sure my mental state isn't affecting my stomach. I know it is. I just have no idea what to even eat that's not going to hurt my stomach or make it more upset-- other than plain white toast. Toast doesn't do much, haha.