PDA

View Full Version : First day anxiety

33xz
10-13-2015, 03:22 AM
I guess it is normal to have anxiety over a first day at a new job, it happens to pretty much everyone. My problem is that I have a lot of "first days" as I am employed by one big company and sent me out to work with other businesses as an apprentice. Tomorrow I start my 6th first day for the year and they don't seem to be getting any easier! I have that nervous sick stomach feeling, but my biggest problem is that I always get this really desperate urge to just quit right now, straight away, this very second. This won't be my last "first day" of the year because if the job finishes up (or you're not good enough) the business will send you back and you go work somewhere else. I've got 2 more years of dealing with this and need some way to cope. I know that I have anxiety problems in general although I haven't been diagnosed, but it is definitely caused by my extremely low self confidence. How do you stay calm and relaxed for this sort of thing?

timjpcollins
10-14-2015, 08:57 AM
By working on your self confidence the issue with the Anxiety will lift. Can I ask what you've done so far in terms of recovery? I'm an Anxiety Coach so I see this a lot :)