PDA

View Full Version : Not Doing Tasks Because of Anxiety

kosherchickie
10-08-2015, 08:31 PM
I have severe anxiety and I realized that when I am very anxious about something, like completing a school assignment, I avoid doing the assignment. This is crippling me as the semester moves ahead. Any advice?

Kierstennotsojoy
10-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Instead of doing it all at once, try a little over time. A couple minutes an hour until it's completed

kosherchickie
10-09-2015, 01:33 AM
Thank you for the tip, but what happens to me is that something else pops in my head that I think will be better to do and I that instead of the required task/assignment and I cannot even start it.

Kierstennotsojoy
10-09-2015, 02:02 AM
I had the same thing happen to me when my fiancé and I moved to Kansas. He went off to work and I was just going room to room and didn't get our house unpacked. I still don't have it all the way finished and we've lived here almost a month. But I will go outside to try to center myself, and when I feel calm I go back and try to get stuff done. Even now I can't finish a coloring page(helps me relieve some stress) but I can do more than I use to. Just find something that helps you center. Study outside, around friends, use flashcards. Get creative! You can do it!