PDA

View Full Version : citalopram side effects

edren
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey

Ive recently been prescribed citalopram for social anxiety 20mg per day. Been on them for five days now and they have really knocked me out. i feel exhuasted and hardly have the energy to get out of bed. I'm also feeling very detached and a bit unreal.
Has anybody here had similar side effects or know how long they will take to pass
cheers all

Murakawa
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey

Ive recently been prescribed citalopram for social anxiety 20mg per day. Been on them for five days now and they have really knocked me out. i feel exhuasted and hardly have the energy to get out of bed. I'm also feeling very detached and a bit unreal.
Has anybody here had similar side effects or know how long they will take to pass
cheers all

Make that two of us!

Been on it for three days and am feeling a bit nauseous, I'm having sleeping problems and everything seems unreal!

Hope someone can give some insight :)

Murakawa
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Ok, so...

just a word of warning to those wishing to consume alcohol while taking this medicine!

I had a pint of ale last night, drank it slowly with food and also had loads of water.

I woke up feeling absolutely terrible - really depressed and not wanting to get up at all. Once I did get up I felt dizzy, and had the worst panic attack I've EVER had in my life. Ok, maybe my second worst. But still... it was effing scary. I seriously thought I was going to die!

And then all of a sudden I was right as rain.

I'm sure everyone is different, but if you don't want to end up freaking the hell out more than usual, avoid alcohol while taking this :)

kisstherain
09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
I feel exausted too, and I'm only on day 2. I have flu-like symtoms, aches, chills, fever, stuffed up nose and sore dry throat.
I too would love to hear about similar side-effects other have experienced and how long it lasted.
TIA

edren
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey

been on them for a couple of weeks now and the side effects have settled down but docs uped my dose so probably knock me out again. Really hoping that its all worth it in the end.