PDA

View Full Version : Dog phobia anxiety

Gino02
10-04-2015, 04:37 AM
Good day everyone. I don't know where to put this topic on but I came here at General forum.
The reason I joined this site because I want to chill out my problems because I'm like exaggerated person. I have an anxiety problems about dogs who are roaming homeless in the streets here at my country, because I felt like being very vulnerable to a dog bite anywhere, it just came out unexpectedly to my head when I suffered to be like this over more than a year now. I know this is really anxiety but how can I deal with this matter? I could barely calm down myself but sometimes it comes back very badly like on and off. The first time I suffered like this is when my friend's dog scratched me a very little abrasion (without a bleed) over more than a year ago and it triggered an abnormal reaction in my head as to became an anxiety.. And as time passes by I was becoming too aware of my surroundings thinking that a dog might be near to me and will bite me, another situation that struck and triggers my anxiety is just more than a month ago when a stray dog was wandering behind me thinking if he bites me or not or is it even close to me as if it bites to me behind. If it was, is this really exaggerating reaction of mine? How long does a possible rabid animal takes time before it shows symptoms or kills the host? Can someone help me with this problem matter? :( I'll be very happy and calmed if someone answers me right! Thanks in advance!