PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna go to sleep

unknownme
10-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Having a hard time wanting to go to sleep 'cause I don't want to hear my thoughts, I'm so tired from last night (I slept but was so tired from crying and some up early but couldn't rest) but I dont wanna be alone in my mind. This also happened when I first failed my driving exam and it's scary and mentally and physicallg exausting :(

wallapingnk
10-04-2015, 01:36 AM
have you tried something to distract you from your thought. watching a mind numbing tv show or playing a video game? To music sometimes helps listening to it while your trying to sleep. Or even reading before bed is great distraction, you have to focus on what your reading and not the thought that are going through your head.

unknownme
10-04-2015, 03:00 AM
I never really liked being alone and silent in my room but yeah, my problem is just really when I close my eyes and that time from getting in bed to being asleep

Davit
10-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Here is a coping skill to deal with unwanted thoughts. I call it stacking and is based on the fact that most people can only work with six thoughts at one time. Pick something neutral and not related to your unwanted thoughts. I use horses, boats and flowers. I think of six horses in different colours or positions, even wooden ones as long as they are different but still related. I now clump them together as horses and set them aside but still obvious. Now I think of boats, six different boats, clump them and set them with the horses. Now I'll think of flowers, By now the unwanted thoughts should be gone because they are not related. I call it stacking because you are stacking positive things on the thought you don't want, burying it. Make sure you use things you like. My friend Juanita uses Golf clubs, I don't know if she even plays golf.

Jessicaleanne1992
10-05-2015, 01:20 AM
Having a hard time wanting to go to sleep 'cause I don't want to hear my thoughts, I'm so tired from last night (I slept but was so tired from crying and some up early but couldn't rest) but I dont wanna be alone in my mind. This also happened when I first failed my driving exam and it's scary and mentally and physicallg exausting :(

Im sorry you're going through this. I have sleep issues as well so I feel your pain. I'm here for you :)

unknownme
10-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Davit, that is pretty good. It makes perfect sense. Not sure how it will work out with me, I have trouble focusing my thoughts in my mind as it's always shooting thoughts and images. At least it will make me practice that and can be better than meditation for me.

I'm so sorry you can relate, Jessicaleanne1992. At the worst I've ever been I had a really messed up sleeping habit (but a bit part of that is due the person I was with). How do you deal with it? I'm trying to deal with it but I'm just scared it's a superficial heal