PDA

View Full Version : Want advice about anxiety meds

snowberry
10-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi guys, I need advice.

I'm thinking of going on meds. Right now I'm job searching and the last thing I need with a new job is dealing with anxiety and all the symptoms. Right now I am boiling hot all over but my temperature is fine. I know it's anxiety making this happen, but it's still super uncomfortable and horrible. I can't deal with this shit AND a new job.

So what I want to know is, for those on medication, what advice can you give me? What have your experiences been? What am I likely to expect in terms of losing my physical symptoms? Thanks!

Davit
10-02-2015, 06:58 PM
You don't say which meds?

snowberry
10-02-2015, 07:05 PM
That's the thing, I don't really know what I'm likely to be prescribed. I'm making an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I don't mind hearing about different types, that way I know what to expect.

Davit
10-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Selective Serotonin re uptake inhibiters do what the name says. SSRIs are antidepressants. There are lots. Prozac, celexa, effexer.
Tricyclic antidepressants are another class. There are fewer TCA choices. Imipramine and Trimipramine are two.
Wellbutrin is an antidepressant of the aminoketone family.
Benzodiazepines are anti anxieties. They vary in half life and are a bit specific with Valium the least specific and the oldest
Busparone is an anxiolitic psychotropic drug for anxiety. An antipsychotic used for anxiety.
Propranolol is a beta blocker with anti anxiety properties.

These are the main ones.