PDA

View Full Version : Help please new to anxiety - nonsense thoughts when trying to fall asleep

anxious1980
10-01-2015, 03:45 AM
Hi Guys

I need some help as feel like I am going mad past few weeks I have had numerous blood tests at the Dr's only showing low ferritin which is at a level of 12.

A bit of background on myself - 8 weeks ago I had no problems with anxiety or sleep until developing an inner ear problem resulting in dizziness when laying down - hence the start of my insomnia.

My main problem at the moment is actually being able to get to sleep, my thoughts are all over the show which is a little scary as I have never had that before. For example this morning having taking a Temazepam last night I woke sweating and randomly thinking what I can only call rubbish - that little inner voice with randomly having conversations it could be about car insurance then flicked to something I saw on Facebook. It just never seems to calm down when trying to sleep.

Of course I think this is made worse by lack of sleep as have had very little over the past 3 weeks. I feel that it is anxiety - other symptoms upon waking are dry heaving, a little shaky in my hands and when laid in muscles twitching.

I guess I am after some reasuarance, my Dr has said that he may be willing to try anti anxiety meds (which I am not keen on if can be avoided) but I would need to take them for a minimum of 6 months. Do you think this could help or do any of you guys get nonsense thoughts upon waking. I just do not want to feel alone.

I went to a counsellor yesterday to try and resolve if there are under lying issues to this anxiety which seemed to help and I felt very relaxed however this morning back to square one. I worry constantly that something must be really wrong which I guess is only fuelling my anxiety if that is what it is.

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance.

unknownme
10-03-2015, 11:45 AM
You probably have unresolved issues (of course, the anxiety feeds from it) and an hyperactive mind. My mind is always working and I'm always thinking about such random stuff, it never stops. Many times it leads to remembering embarassing issues or troubles that make me uncomfortable or issues in general.
Yesterday I failed my driving exam (for the 2nd time) and I couldn't close my eyes without my mind going back to it. When I failed the first one I'd be doing something randomly and my mind would go back to that. I couldn't sleep properly for days and woke up tired and with a headache.

If any of these helped, I'd probably recommend soul searching (see what underlying issues are you dealing with) and a therapist before taking antianxiety pills. Maybe do some sport, drink tea, a hot shower before bed, new hobbies (or focusing on your own more), experiment several stuff