PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

12public
09-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Hi, so I'm new.

I've been diagnosed with depression and am on 30 mg Celexa and it seems to be working fairly well except sometimes I get in these states where I just start going crazy.

Something will trigger me and then distorted negative thoughts will start running through my mind and I will almost completely believe them and get this panicked feeling. Then I'll start screaming and not be able to stop moving- my limbs will start flailing and I'll keep trying to hit myself in the head.

Last time (yesterday) I thought that I had to die. I don't actually want to die but I don't know how to deal with it once I get into this state. It will go on for a couple days. I won't be constantly panicking, but I'll be extremely depressed, and I'll know that the littlest thing could set me off so that I start panicking again.

I do have some control but the thing is that during those couple days I lose my head and completely believe that it's always like this and I'll never get out of it. I have Syroquel for when this happens and most of the time once I take it I'll fall asleep and wake up okay.

What is this? Any advice for dealing with it?

Saldav
09-27-2015, 09:13 PM
It sounds like anxiety to me.